𝟎𝟏 THE FIRST DISAPPEARANCE

▎⌕ November 6, 1983Hawkins, Indiana ꒷꒦

▎⌕ November 6, 1983
Hawkins, Indiana ꒷꒦

   WARM RAYS OF SUNLIGHT caressed Lisa Reed's skin as she laughed being lifted in the air by her father. Her mother just a few inches away cradling a small child in her arms laughed as she enjoyed her freshly squeezed lemonade. Giggles danced in the summer wind and a light wave of pure bliss coated the entirety of the Reed family.

All for it to end in a snap of a finger.

Lisa's ecstatic laughter instantly cut off as she watched her father fade into dust making her fall from where she was. Her loud cries echoed in the dark plain as she fell for what felt like an eternity. It was until her small frame hit the soft dirt with a hard thud that she realized she changed from a small six-year-old child to her now present day sixteen angst self.

She groaned in pain her fresh cuts and scrapes bleeding profusely making leaves and dirt stick to her skin. "Dad!" She called out as she struggled to lift herself.

Silence.

"Mom!" She shouted again moving her head in every possible direction she could hoping to catch either one of her parents.

Instead, she was answered with a loud crash and inhumane shriek. The hair on her neck stood tall as tiny bumps formed on her skin as she tried to process the sounds she just heard. Branches snapped in the distance forcing her to look at her side.

She took a sharp breath in trying to lift her aching body but it was no use she was too scared, too injured to move. Quickly she heard a set of fast-paced footsteps heading her way. A larger figure jumped in front of her making Lisa scream in fright.

BEEP.

Lisa sprung up from her bed beads of sweat cascading down her dewy neck. Her chest heaved up and down as she desperately gasped for air to fill her lungs. It was all just a dream. A horrible nightmare.

Lisa groaned hitting the snooze button on her brown bulky alarm clock that read 6:15. Lazily she ran a hand through her disheveled wavy black hair contemplating whether she should get up for school or sleep. However, deep down Lisa knew she couldn't go back to sleep after experiencing that weird dream. So after some thought, she mentally fought her limbs to move and she went to the bathroom to wash up.

Still, in a sleepy state Lisa slightly staggered toward the small kitchen and opened the fridge door scanning the shelves looking for a bright yellow box. Blinking Lisa furrowed her brows now allowing her eyes to fully awaken as she frantically pushed what little food they had to the side.