Chapter 15 - 50 Shades Darker

Start from the beginning

"Any more else?" After skimming the papers I gave her, she outstretched her palm, seeking more than what she is already paging.

"Ayan lang kinaya ng powers ko ma'am, eh," saying it while massaging the back of my neck. Bakit ba ako nahihiya? Kasi bukod sa milagro itong ginagawa ko, she always has this unwarranted effect to me no matter what she do or say.

I'm a Veneracion, hindi dapat ganito lagi. Hindi niya dapat ako kinakaya-kaya.

She returned my work to me with a dissatisfied grimace. What the hell?

"Redo it, Veneracion," she said in nonchalance before walking past me.

"But ma'am? I spent days to finish this-"

She came to a halt in her stride and turned to face me, walang ekspresyon niyang hinablot sa 'kin 'yung paperwork ko.

"To start it off, you didn't follow the proper format I gave you, Veneracion," she stared at me firmly. "And this one.."

She flicked it to the first page and pointed something out to me.

"Take a look at the first paragraph of your topic. It's too chaotic, introduction palang you have already failed it. When did I teach you to start your introduction with 'Lastly'?" Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay, "Try again, Miss Veneracion.."

With my blushing face, I mentally slapped my face, feeling so embarrassed.

"Sungit," pagdadabog ko sa inis kasi ayaw niya na pakinggan excuses ko. Pinaghirapan ko naman talaga 'yon, pumalya lang sa intro but page by page I really worked hard for it. Piniga ko na lahat ng natitirang braincells ko for it.

"Copy paste pa more.."

I heard her say with her usual eye roll before she turned back at me.

Nice talking Professor Rafa Eli Cordova.

Dang it, buti na lang hindi ako sa harap ng klase nag-submit kanina, sa sobrang straight forward niya baka mapahiya lang ako sa harap ng classmates ko.

I dumped my papers into a rubbish can as soon as I saw one, without hesitancy.

Lesson learned: Hard work pays off in spades; you get precisely what you put in.

Baka hindi pa enough 'yung binigay ko..

"Ready for the tryout next year?"

"I'm almost done with my shits I guess so yeah?" Confidently, I look over to Coach Ryker's direction to say that.

It's hard to recall the last time I was here, matagal din akong 'di nakakapag-work out sa gym na 'to dahil swimming ang naging means of exercise ko these past few months.

"Mukang maganda simula ng december natin, ah," Coach Ryker teased as he raised the dumbbells together over his head, keeping his elbows slightly bent. "Kumusta kayo ni Yngrid?"

Nagagawa pa nga niya akong kausapin while busy doing that, nagsisigawan pa kami dahil narito pa sa kabilang banda ang treadmill na ginagamit ko.

"Yngrid?" I snapped at him.

"Yeah? Your girlfriend?"

"Nah, she's my ex. Who told you she's my girlfriend?"

"Cash.."

Psh, that woman. Pareho sila ni Rhio, kapag may nakita silang babaeng kasama ko that's not part of my squads, girlfriend ko na agad. Noong hindi pa nga nila nakikilala si Lucca, pinagkamalan ding jowa ko or close to that.

"Are you going out?"

"Yes, I need a drink," anything except for water and sports drink.

"May coffee and milk tea house sa labas," he grins.