» Journey «

"Already miss him?" Tonya elbowed him with a smirk on her face and got no reaction from Ajax.

    "Ahaaa, I see~ well, you can still text him!" She added.

    "Right.. you're right.." Ajax nodded, feeling a bit better after those words, but then he realized.

    "I CAN'T!"

    He immediately opened the doors, running in the direction where Zhongli was walking a couple of minutes ago.

    How can you be so dumb, Ajax?!?!? How can you forget?!!

    The sound of doors caught their mother's attention. "What got into him?"

    "That intelligent person just forgot to ask for his number." She chuckled.

___

    Ajax was running through the allies, still being kinda mad at himself. He was looking around, trying to spot him and not to trip over some rock or anything. When he was almost already out of breath, he finally saw him.

    "Ah fuck- Zhongli wait!"

    "Ajax?" Zhongli turned around, looking at Ajax who was trying his best to catch up with him.

    "I told you t-" Zhongli's words were cut off by Ajax, tripping over his own leg, falling into his arms. "-that it is not possible to meet my parents, Ajax.."

    "Ahahaha- Zhongli.. I know.. But uh- I wanted to… ask for… some contact because- I.."

    Oh fuck-... Not again- DON'T. BLUSH. DON'T. But- I already expressed my feelings to hi- NO. Ignore it and pull yourself away from him.

    Just as his mind said, he did and continued. "I- kinda forgot to ask you earlier because of some… event that have happened and-"

    Ajax put too much affordance in those words, trying his best to not mess up. He already broke every possible moment and he didn't want to break this one too. Fortunately, his words were cut off by the deep voice of his friend.

    "Ah, sure. What do you prefer?"

    "Your phone number should be fine, or do you have a better idea?" Ajax was avoiding eye contact, so Zhongli did too.

    "No. That is fine."

    "Alright! Can I-"

    "The number is written here. Please do not share it with others."

    Zhongli handed him a piece of paper and then, he walked away.

    Ajax was watching for a while, until he completely disappeared out of his sight.

    He's so pretty… He smiled widely, this time, not snapping his thoughts off.

One step forward?

Probably.