Our Fated Destiny - Part 7

Shaurya's POV

"Meet my bro.. ABHAY...", Avni said, smiling at me.

I smiled back at her and then my eyes landed on Abhay, MY son. But to my dismay, he gave me a damn and what he did next sank my heart even more.

He escorted away Avni with him saying, "Let's go doll... We shouldn't waste more time standing here..."

The two of them walked away from here but I remained standing here alone in the stage. I saw Abhay helping Avni settling her into her seat next to the piano, and then walking back to the stage, near me.

"Hey Mister...", he said.

"Please go there... and have a seat...", he pointed to the front row where the chief guests were also seated.

It was then I realized that it was time for my children's performance, and I was filled with delight. Though no conversation had happened between us till now, but still the fact that I would be able to see my precious gems performing before me, and I, as the spectator would see it was making me too emotional.

I composed myself and nodded at Abhay and then walked down the stage to my seat.

I sat down and my eyes were only swinging back and forth between my two munchkins.

I was just overwhelmed with emotions, and didn't know how to react on my fate.

There were my two munchkins, and today I got to know that I'm a father of two.

Wow !... What a cruel game fate played with me!... I wondered.

But I was the only one to be blamed for this... Isn't it ?... After all, I was the one who made the blunder.

Nevertheless... I turned my attention back to the two children... MY CHILDREN... I smiled.

A number of thoughts and questions were swirling in my mind. I was just immersed in thoughts what Anokhi would have told them about me... I mean about their father...

Do they hate me ?... My heart pricked just at the thought of my own children despising me.

I know... In fact I'm pretty sure Abhay recognizes me as he himself mumbled the word "PAPA" back then, but I think Avni... my baby girl doesn't know me. She just knows me as Shaurya but not the fact that I'm her father... My eyes had begun to tear up but I controlled.

How desperately I wished I could run to them and engulf both my "pieces of heart" in my embrace. I just wanted it to happen... But alas!... This wasn't possible right now...

While I was submerging myself in these thoughts, I saw Abhay holding the mike and taking his position with the guitar on.

My son looked like a rockstar... and my baby girl, Avni seemed to be a serene princess.

My heart swelled up with pride just at the mere thought of how good my children have been raised. And all the credit goes to... of course... my LOVE... My Anokhi...

The color of the spotlights was changed in no time, and it indicated the beginning of the performance. I was gob smacked the very next moment, when my son started singing.

                                                                                  Ae watan...

                                                                                 Mere watan...

                                                                   Ae watan.. aabaad rahe tu

                                                        Aabaad rahe tu... (aabaad rahe tu)

                                                 Ae watan, watan mere, aabaad rahe tu

                                                ( Ae watan, watan mere, aabaad rahe tu
)