"MOVE," he barked. "Don't you dare try anything."

We walked into the museum. The double doors were opened for us by Jason and Piper. They led us into the large lobby that acts as one of our armories. We keep our weapons in several locations around the museum. Only the soldiers are allowed to have weapons inside the camp, but that's a loose rule in a zombie apocalypse. Almost everyone carried a weapon of some kind.

The survivors surrounded the man and his baby. Most of the women in the room were staring at the baby in awe. I haven't seen a baby in over a year. It seemed so wrong for such a pure being to exist in this world.

"She is so adorable," Silena whispered. She is a natural nurturer. She sometimes works with Hestia in daycare at the museum.

"What's your name?" Chiron asked while wheeling closer. We let him into our protective circle so that he can analyze the situation. The man shook his head. He was still looking at the weapons warily.

"Everyone lower your weapons," Chiron ordered. We obliged. "Now, let me ask again: what's your name, young man?"

"I'm Percy. This is Estelle, and the car crashing was an accident," he answered. He took Estelle out of the baby backpack and held her in his arms.

"Are you injured?"

Percy looked down at his stomach before facing everyone again. His eyes scanned the room and its members. He's a survivor. He was scoping the area despite the disadvantages on him. Plus, even though he's injured, Percy isn't showing weakness.

"If you're willing to be tame, we can help you and Estelle," I said firmly. Everyone nodded while still looking at the baby.

"I don't trust any of you," Percy expressed.

"You're not in any position to argue with us. Either you take our help or you go back outside exactly as you are. And, trust me, that is the worst decision you can make, especially for the sake of your baby," I countered.

Percy frowned while looking outside through the double doors. If he has any brain cells, he would choose option #1.

"Your group already shot me once," Percy stated. "On the bridge."

Familiarity washed over me. He's the same man that disguised himself as a zombie. He helped me fight them on the bridge. Due to a misunderstanding, Luke shot Percy off of the bridge.

No one said anything. No one knew what to say.

Suddenly, Percy winced and his right knee buckled. He groaned while shifting his body position. One arm clutched Estelle while the other pressed his stomach. An untreated gunshot was probably very painful. Finally, Jason rushed forward and helped Percy stand straighter. Percy pulled the baby away, but he didn't retract from Jason.

"Let us help you, Percy. We have an infirmary," Jason whispered.

Percy gazed at Estelle before nodding.

"Jason, Thalia, and Silena, please take Percy and Estelle to the infirmary. Have Dr. Claymore and Will Solace check on Percy's injuries. Don't take the baby unless Percy entrusts her to you. Don't violate that trust," Chiron ordered firmly.

"Also, make sure to fulfill the Strip protocol."

"What's the Strip protocol?" Percy asked.

"Essentially, we have to make sure that no zombie has bitten you. We don't want to take any risks with newcomers. This is a protocol for everyone."

Percy seemed confused before nodding. We have our doctors check newcomers for any bite marks. If a person is bitten, then they're going to turn into a zombie. We can't have that happen in the camp. It would jeopardize everyone's safety.