Harrowing Hijinks

Start from the beginning

"Cannon fire!" Kirito warned.

Cannonballs fired towards our ship from different elevated positions on the island as we neared.

"Captain!" Leafa sought guidance.

"Hands to work! Everyone, make repairs and arm yourselves for battle! We're moving to port!" I ordered and got to work with everyone else.

Our hull started to be smacked with cannonballs as did one of our masts which cracked loudly from the impact.

"We're taking fire!" Klein yelled as he awoke from his drunken stooper.

"Silica, Leafa! Head down below deck and make sure we're not taking on water. Kirito! Keep an eye on the ship's orientation in relation to the island. Sinon, Asuna! Give me a status report on our current supplies and let me know what we need more of." I began sending everyone off in different directions.

"What about me?" Klein was lost.

"Klein! Man the cannons and if you have a clear shot, you take it!" I encouraged as I quickly pat him on the back.

"Daddy! What's happening?" Athena called from the lookout above.

"The adults have it handled, sweetheart! Just stay put!" I assured her.

"We're safely out of cannon range!" Kirito relayed.

"Good." Was my only reply.

"We're losing the front mast!" Klein yelled with a point as the front sails began to topple over.

I swiftly stormed over and grabbed the rope from its rungs, catching the front mast before it could fall upon the deck. I braced myself and pulled hard, engaging both my arms as I reeled the mast back upright.

"Help him!" Sinon saw me struggling as she returned to the top deck with Asuna.

"Just... plank, the mast!" I spoke thru my clenched teeth.

They both rushed and hammered a wooden board in place over the crack.

"Fixed!" Sinon called back to me.

I wrapped the rope securely to the ships rung and moved to the starboard side of the ship.

"We're here, Captain!" Kirito called as we came to a stop next to a decrepit dock.

Burning lanterns and protruding pikes scattered the landscape of the island. Menacing cannon towers and defensive wooden walls built by someone to defend the inner sanctum of whatever lay deeper within.

"Looks like we're in for a fight." I commented.

"Looks like it." Kirito agreed.

I stepped forward and hopped off the plank, landing hard on the dock as I drew my crystal sword.

"Then let's give 'em one." I said and the others landed at my sides with their own weapons ready.

"Aye!" They all called back.

I peeked back at them with a smirk and rushed ahead with a clear chuckle.

"Hey! Wait up!" Lizbeth chased.

"Last one there has to wash the deck!" Leafa enjoyed the friendly competition.

"Oh, you're on!" Kirito followed quickly.

"Hey! I don't wanna wash the deck!" Silica scurried off too.

Cat Sith, Sharp, Ice Queen: Sinon

Asuna and I looked at each other before baring competitive grins.

"I bet I could beat you with my Cat Sith speed." I boasted.