Prologue

The drawing above is a quick sketch of what I envision her to look like. Everything about her appearance will be explained in future chapters. Enjoy!

Third Person POV

The Black Bulls, infamous for being the worst squad in all of existence, come by a lot of strange missions. This Magic Knight squad takes up these missions due to their destructive nature, in which higher squads are less likely to destroy nearly everything. The captain of this squad, Yami Sukehiro, had assumed that being a foreigner eventually he would get used to every new thing.

Exploring a newly found dungeon close to the Heart Kingdom's border, Yami is, for once, at a loss for words for what he has discovered.

Sleeping without a care in the world, a young girl is seen in the supposed treasure room. The girl's long, wavy hair was almost blinding, lighter than any silver hair the Silva family had possessed which had only brought upon more questions. She seemed to be adorned with a black minidress that was laced at the bottom with black boots that had fur on the ends, but was unlike anything Yami had seen before.

"Might as well take her back if there's nothing else around here." Yami sighed, dreading the outcome of this journey as it seemed like there was nothing of value to him.

Still...why is there just a girl sleeping here. Yami questioned, lifting the girl gently off of the ground as he prepared to bring her back to the capital.

Having the same exact reaction, Yami was not too pleased to hear what the Magic Emperor, Julius Novachrono, had to say about this situation.

"You are certain this is all there was?" Julius questioned.

"Yes." Yami replied, unsure of how else to tell the obvious.

"Oh wow! I wonder if we have made some sort of amazing discovery! Wait, I should be more concerned over the girl sleeping, ah but this is so interesting!" Julius rambled as his eyes sparkled, bordering on being worried as well as genuinely interested in this turn of events.

The girl had yet to awaken, but was already seen by Dr.Owen as soon as Yami made it to the capital. There are no signs of injuries, nor any sign of some sort of magic, but they all took note of the pointed ears she had possesed. Marx Francois, also one of Julius's most trusted advisers, had already attempted to use his memory magic to find any answers, but was met with complete darkness.

As Julius continued to pace around the room, rambling about every single possibility, Yami had noticed that the girl started to move ever so slightly. With the slight twitch of her finger, her eyes slowly opened as Yami grabbed Julius's attention towards her.

Bright golden eyes mixed with purple surrounding the iris opened, as the girl had taken a deep breath and blinked. Trying to adjust her vision, the room was too bright to be able to open her eyes all the way, but after a few seconds her blurry vision had adjusted. Noticing the two men standing right beside the bed, she turned her attention towards them as she tried to analyze the situation.

"Hey, you've been asleep for quite a bit now. Do you understand us?" Julius immediately started off with, only to be met with a blank stare. After a few seconds had passed, and no obvious malicious intent was sensed in the air, the two men relaxed slightly as she nodded in response.

"Good. It seems like we all need explaining to do." Yami cut in, wanting to know all of the answers.

With another nod, she opened her mouth finally to say something.

"..."

"Hellooooooo?" A female voice drew out, grabbing the attention of the sleeping man in front of her. Dressed in the black minidress and black boots, the girl was adorned with a crestless Magic Knights robe as she kneeled in front of the man. "Yami? Are you still sleeping? We need to get to the Magic Knights exam." She said, almost pouting as he had chuckled and put his hand on her head.

"Well, I was sleeping until a little brat wouldn't stop bugging me." He deadpanned, patting her on the head as her face lit up.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Yami stood up and stretched his arms into the air. Grabbing a cigarette, he lit it as soon as it touched his lips and stared down at the girl as she also got up from the grass. The two of them had been relaxing not too far from the capital in one of their favorite spots.

She sure has grown up. Hah, who would have guessed I would have raised someone and become a Magic Knight captain. He thought fondly.

"Let's get going Sua, we might have some interesting contenders this year!" Yami laughed out, clearly excited as well as uninterested with dealing with a snobby royalty and nobles.

"Hopefully the Black Bulls will get some people this year, your standards are pretty high after all." She replied, amused at the older man's behavior.