Chapter 18

"Do you need to be with the Wizard King at all? Or are you going to keep sticking to me like glue?" Yuno deadpanned, not actually minding her being on his back, but he needed to make sure she didn't need to be anywhere else.

"Ehh it doesn't really matter where I am as long as I'm on standby. Don't worry too much though, I can rest on you for a bit and still pay attention." Sua stuck her tongue out teasingly, to which Yuno smiled softly at.

This came to a shock to Noelle as she wasn't even sure of their relation to each other besides friends, but seeing Yuno openly emote was definitely not something she expected. All of them quickly went back to the main point of being there however as Asta, Mimosa, and Xerx were all teleported onto the field alongside the other team.

Third Person POV

Currently braiding the back of Yuno's hair, Sua was not actively paying attention to the fight in front of their eyes. She knew each individual member and trusted them enough to win the battle, but also it didn't really matter in the end. After all, the Wizard King was there to simply observe each individual person to pick the ones that stood at the most in terms of combat and strategy.

Not wanting to grow tired, Yuno eventually sat down on the ground as Sua decided to instead get off of his back to sit beside him. There were no words exchanged as all of a sudden a hand covered Sua's eyes, pushing her down into Yuno's lap as he brushed her hair out of line of sight.

"There must be another reason why you're here, otherwise you'd be by the Wizard King's side examining everyone else." Yuno concluded, looking down as he seemed to not be interested in Asta's fight as he believed in his childhood friend. Sua gave a small smile as she nodded, but didn't disclose the information. It seemed like she would tell him the reason why she was there if she could, so Yuno decided to move on from it as to not pry.

"Huh. Check that out! Those two just charged ahead by themselves."

"He's good though!"

"The last member of Team B...is he asleep?"

"Is it a ploy?"

"Hm...so depending on abilities, the fights can end up like this too!"

The contestants were all talking amongst themselves as Yuno's attention was once again brought to the fight in front of them. Sua closed her eyes as she could feel in the air what was going on, not needing any sort of visual for the fight. A small weight landed on Sua's stomach as it seemed that Bell decided to rest on her. Smiling as the spirit landed on her, a strange sense of nostalgia had washed over her as it was almost like their magic seemed to resonate with each other.

The fight continued on as Sua continued to relax, slowly drifting off to sleep as Yuno was stroking her hair. This was rudely interrupted though as multiple large explosions had occurred through a massive amount of magic, to which Yuno jumped and tried to analyze what had happened. This made Sua whine as she was jostled from her peaceful state, but it was enough for her to finally look at the battlefield once again.

"Ah...that dumbass..." Sua deadpanned, catching Yuno's attention as he seemed curious to who she had been referring to.

Probably that Xerx guy or whatever... He thought bitterly as his face scrunched up in disgust, but was quickly masked as Sua jumped to her feet with the help of a bit of her magic.

"Crystal magic stoppage confirmed!! B Team wins!!" The judge announced as Xerx destroyed the crystal. He was then seen approaching Asta and Mimosa as they were now arguing with one another. Asta was clearly not happy with Xerx's rude behavior as well as going as far as to attack his own teammates in the fight. Sua sighed at this sight, knowing why he had been acting this way, but it didn't mean she necessarily agreed with.