Chapter 8.2

Copyright © 2012 Kamilla

All rights reserved. 

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8.2

My mind struggled to find words, and I mumbled something incoherent, making Cameron furrow her eyebrows together in confusion.

“What did you say?’’ she asked, opening the door some inches and gesturing for me to come inside.

I nodded briefly and at the same time ignoring her question, (since I didn’t know what I had said too) and entered her house. It greeted me with the smell of Cameron’s mother homemade cookies, which she makes every weekend. The singing voice coming from the kitchen confirmed that her mother was home, and she was probably fixing everything for her weekly tea party. I think that’s what Mrs Summers (Cameron’s mom last name) and her friends are doing every Saturday, or maybe it’s on Sundays?

“Hi,’’ I said, followed by an awkward silence.

“Yeah, hi,’’ Cameron muttered after a moment, while scratching the back of her head.

Her blonde hair was lying in every direction, and she still hadn’t bothered to remove her makeup from yesterday. When she looks like this, it usually means that she’s been out the night before, and is too hungover to even care about her appearance.

“Do you want to go up to my room?’’ she asked, nodding her head towards the stair that leads to the second floor.

I nodded and followed her. The surroundings around me became blurred for a short second and I clutched the banisters, the wood felt comforting inside of my hand. In a way, it symbolized something I could hold on when I needed it. Even though it’s just a banister… God, I always get dizzy when I'm nervous. 

Cameron’s room can only be described with one word, girly. Everything inside there is either pink or white, it's dark pink some places, but that's the only exception. She even has one of those big princess beds, with a see-through curtain thing hanging from the ceiling. At first it was Cameron’s older sister, Melanie's, room, but when she moved out and nobody else wanted it, Cameron grabbed it without hesitation. 

I understand her quite well; it has the best view in the whole house. With a big window leading out to the city lake just a couple yards away. In the summer, we always take the Summers family boat out to the island in the middle of the lake. The island has the best places to sunbath without being disturbed.

We both sat down on the bed, it shifted slightly under our weight and I sank down, making myself comfortable.

“So… What is it to talk about?’’ Cameron asked, staring at me with her piercing eyes. 

“You know what,’’ I paused, feeling the anxiety coming back to me. “Mine and Michael’s relationship,’’