𝙕𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙞 - 𝘋𝘦𝘣𝘵𝘴 [☁️]

hi! since you clicked on this chapter, im assuming you like Zhongli? if you do, go check out my Zhongli fanfic "Single dad" on my profile! have a nice read!

——

Zhongli story containing:
-Fluff

——

'i'm going to kill that man!'

you ran over to the Wangsheng funeral parlour. you were looking for Zhongli.

you ran inside the building, there he was. behind the front desk.

"hello, how may i assist you today?" he smiled gently as usual.

"cut the nice talk. i came here to collect your debt." you rolled your eyes.

"ah yes... about that-"

"i'm not taking any more delays. i want the money, now." you firmly said as you folded your arms infront of your chest.

"Y/N, just one more day and i'll get the money." he kept his gentle smile.

"no, either you give me the money now, or you lose your job and will be indebted to us for at least 20 years." you finished.

"i'm afraid i don't have any money right now."

"that's not my problem. come with me." you turned around and left.

he followed behind you.

"where are we going Y/N?"

"the bank. you'll have a talk with the director himself." you replied.

"wait, Y/N." he held your hand. "please don't do this. i swear i'll have the money by tomorrow."

"then you'll stay at the bank until tomorrow." you shrugged.

"alright then."

after talking to the director, you got him a cell to spend the night in. the reason this had to take place was to make sure he wouldn't run away overnight.

"i'll get you a staff member to take care of you for the night. farewell Zhongli." you turned your heels around.

you did as you said and got someone to watch over him. as soon as you got your stuff and was about to leave the bank, the same employee you entrusted Zhongli with, came running to you.

"Y/N, i'm sorry something has come up and i can't take care of him." she panted.

"seriously?! then who's gonna take care of him?" you sighed.

"if you don't have anything urgent then maybe..." she looked at you hesitantly.

"fine."

you walked back to his cell, with its key.

you unlocked it.

"there's no way i'm spending the night here, so we're going to my place." you said as you gestured for him to get out of the cell, wich he did.

——

"cheap and tasty chop suey!" an old lady yelled in the street to attract customers.

Zhongli stopped walking to look over at her food booth.

"are you hungry?" you asked.

"are you hungry dear?" he asked aswell.

"yeah, but i'm used to it." you replied. "if you want to eat, i could buy you some food." you offered.

"food does indeed sound rather seducing right now." he smiled as he crossed his arms.

"it'll only add more to your debt to us though." you shrugged.

his eyes suddenly widened. "i knew there was a catch somewhere. nonetheless, let's get some food. consider it my treat." he smiled.

"your treat? i'm the one paying." you rolled your eyes as you walked to the booth.

after eating- no, stuffing your stomach, you felt all the food you had previously digested dancing in your stomach.

"Y/N? are you alright? you seem nauseous. earlier you said you were used to not eating... even so, stuffing your stomach won't make it better." he chuckled softly.

"i'm alright... just a bit... tired." you scratched your head.

"let's go home." he grabbed your arm gently and placed it around his shoulder, lifting you up from your seat.

"Zhongli?"

"hm?"

"why can't you just pay your debts?! if i don't collect the money you owe us, i'll get fired. chasing after you already consumes so much of my time and energy. you're all i think about, 24/7." you sighed.

"is that so?" he continued walking.

"god you are so annoying." you got your arm off his shoulder and started walking ahead.

"be careful!"

a carriage was coming your way. you wanted to move, and so you did. you quickly run ahead, what you hadn't noticed was that there was a little pond infront of you.

you fell in. your clothes were now soaked wet.

Zhongli ran after you. "are you alright?" he helped you stand up.

"yeah, good thing i didn't get hit by that carriage. couldn't you have come to my rescue like some prince charming?! you have a geo vision don't you?" you complained while brushing off your shoulders.

he chuckled lightly and took his coat off to place it around your shoulders. he closed it from the front and arranged its shoulders. "i'm afraid this won't be of much help but," he pinched your chin and tilted your head upward, finally facing him. "i hope this is better than freezing in the cold." he flashed you his usual gentle smile.

your expression softened at the sight of him. "Zhongli..."

"yes?"

"when you finally pay back your debt,"

he cocked an eyebrow while keeping his smile.

"do you want to do this again?" you looked away while trying to hide your flustered face in his coat.

"do... this again..? i'm afraid i don't follow-"

"god damn it Zhongli, i'm asking you out on a date." you rolled your eyes.

"i know, i just wanted to hear it officially." he chuckled.

"of course you did..." you continued walking ahead of him.

he caught up to you easily, considering his legs being so long and slender.

"aren't you curious to know my response?" he smiled at you.

"i'm scared, so... no." you continued walking without sparing him a glance.

"are you certain?" he kept his grin on his face.

"i... i don't know." your face reddened.

"so?" he asked.

"fine. it's going to be embarassing if you reject me because i act like i hate you but i just swallowed up my pride to ask you out on a date." you sighed as you shook your head.

"'act like i hate you' ? so you don't actually hate me?"

"if i did why would i ask you out...?"

"yes."

"what-"

"you asked me if i wanted to do this again, correct?"

"yeah."

"and to that i say, yes. i would love to go on dates with you."

"dates? as in multiple?"

"that is the reason you add an s at the end of words, is it not?"

"i hate your smartass."

"i love you too, dear."