"Dreams are dreams, some dreams come true
I found a real dream, baby, when I found you
You're so strong, but tender too"

"Nope. Excuse me, going to the restroom" Mani excused herself and got up from the table.

"She's jealous of you" Genesis said, "she's not" Avi'anna shook her head. "She is, she's always been jealous of you" Genesis pointed out, "that was one time Gen, and she apologized" Avi'anna sighed.

They were hinting to the time Amani had sex with Avi'anna's long term crush, Destiny. Avi'anna had came home from the library and saw Destiny coming out her dorm with hickeys on her neck. It turned into a big blow up and after a month or so Avi'anna forgave Amani, but Genesis did not and felt Amani had taken advantage of Avi's innocence.

"All I'm saying is you know how she is, so you better watch her and that girl, very closely. I won't allow her to hurt you again" Genesis said, and Avi'anna nodded. She knew where Genesis was coming from, but she also believed that Amani has changed, at least she hoped so.

"Love like ours is heaven sent
Each day a day to remember
Feel so safe, feel secure with you..."

"What I miss?" Mani sat back down at the table "oh I was just telling Avi about my new cat, she's ginger and too much already" Genesis said smiling and Avi'anna rolled her eyes. "What I tell you what these cats, Gen? You gon turn into the cat lady" Avi'anna said and Gen smacked her lips "not everyone hates cats Avi" Genesis said, smiling at her friend. "I don't hate cats" Avi'anna lied and Mani laughed, "sure" she shook her head.

"Tell me why my momma told me that if I want a husband then I need to go on a diet" Genesis said and Avi'anna scoffed. "Do you believe her?" Mani asked and before Genesis could answer, Avi'anna did "no she does not. She's a brilliant, beautiful and wonderful woman with her curves and if a man can't see that then to hell with him" Avi'anna said, getting mad for her friend. Genesis reached over and grabbed Avi'anna's hand, giving it a squeeze.

Slide >>>

Slide >>>

Slide>>>>

Slide>>>>

Liked by gen_, thatgirlmani, and 2,678 othersAvi

Avi.marie Brunch 🤍
••••
7:26 pm.
Avi'anna's house.

"Damn, he hit her hard" Avi'anna flinched and put more popcorn in her mouth.

"Why you flinch like that? You've never seen Friday?" Stoney asked, putting a veggie chip in her mouth, and Avi'anna shook her head no. They were at her place for another movie night, but this time it was actual movies and not cartoons.

"What? Fr? I thought every black American has" Stoney said "well not this one, when I was younger I would hear people reference it and stuff, but I was always confused" Avi'anna explained, and Stoney nodded, her dad was the same way until her mom put him on. "Have you ever watched Juice?" Stoney asked.

"The beverage?" Avi'anna asked, and Stoney laughed making Avi feel embarrassed, "no it's a movie, it's a big thing to black people because Tupac was in it" Stoney explained. "Tupac?" Avi'anna questioned, and Stoney jaw dropped "I'm kidding" Avi'anna giggled "don't play with me like that, we were about to be over real quick" Stoney said seriously.

"Fr? Over Tupac?" "Hell yeah" Stoney did not play about Tupac. Avi'anna had learned who Tupac was through Genesis, she didn't know too much, just his mainstream songs and that he was bald.

"You... give me love, you keep right on giving
Fill me up, baby, with the joy of living
When things get tough I can always turn to you"

"Ima have to put you on because you can't be out here embarrassing me" Stoney said and Avi'anna laughed. "You do know who Janet Jackson is, right?" Stoney asked, "the woman in the movie we're about to watch?" Avi'anna replied, making Stoney nod, "yes, and she's related to..." Stoney looked at Avi'anna and she began to think.

Stoney eyes didn't leave Avi'anna, she liked watching Avi'anna think hard about something, the way her eyes lowered, her chewing the inside of her cheek and her hands fidgeting with anything around her. "What?" Avi'anna asked as she noticed Stoney staring at her, she felt self conscious and an unfamiliar feeling. "Nothing, wait this is my part" their eyes went back to the TV.

"MICHEAL JACKSON" Avi'anna yelled unexpectedly, making Stoney jump and spill a few chips on the ground. "Am I right? Am I?" Avi'anna asked urgently, she hated to be wrong. "Yes, you're right beautiful" Stoney smiled at Avi'anna, she was proud of her. "Does that mean I get a kiss?" Avi'anna asked and Stoney nodded, smirking.

They held eye contact as their noses slightly touched, when their lips finally touched, Avi'anna sighed with relief, she missed Stoneys lips and she loved how they felt on hers. Stoney smiled against Avi'anna's lips as she felt grateful that Avi felt the same way as her.

"Love the way we touch, I love the way it feels
Every time you're near me my poor heart just won't keep still
No doubt about it that this love I feel is real
Ask me to go with you, you know I will"

When they pulled away, they looked back at the TV, getting back into the movie. Stoney put her arm around Avi'anna's waist and pulled her closer to her on the couch. Avi'anna smiled and didn't take her eyes off the TV.

"Hold me near, hold me tight
Only you can make it real, only you make it all right
Just let me know that I am special to you

My angel
Oh, angel
You're my angel
Oh, angel..."

Genesis Young| Genny, Gen|20|

|20|

- 4/10/22
- Wh0ref0rBillie