"I Want You Around" 🎶

Happy Black History Month to my fellow 👩🏿‍🦱🧑🏿‍🦱. Hope y'all have the month you deserve. 222🦋🤎

___________Omniscient

___________
Omniscient.
December 2021.
7:12 am.
___________

Stoney nodded her head to the lyrics of the song playing in her car. " I been so zoned out, tryna figure out what's next. So scared to fail, I'm calculatin' my every step" she repeated, putting the blunt to her lips. Stoney thought songs were always better when she was high, it seems like she hears everything, even the beats she didn't realize were in the songs.

"Lord knows I wanna lay you down but I'm chasin' cake. Can't go back broke, stay on the go, that's all that's on my brain" she repeats, passing the last light before she got to her shop. She pulled in, already seeing her best friend's car.

She finished the last of her blunt before she turned off her car and got out. She texted her intern and told her to come a little early, so she can get these containers that had different types of hair out of her car. "I thought you weren't coming in" she unlocked her office door and walked in with her best friend behind her.

"I wasn't, but my cousin needed me to do her lashes for her baby shower, so now I'm here" her best friend Maliyah replied as she sat down, putting her food down too. "I bought you this" she sat down and gave Stoney a cup, but she couldn't see what was in it. She took a sip and smiled "I love you" "I love you too" Maliyah replied taking a bite of her food and Stoney took another sip. Maliyah got her Diet Coke.

Stoney waited for Maliyah to make her regular corny vegan joke, but she didn't. She always makes them even though she is vegan, she wasn't at first but when she met Stoney it slowly developed. It happened with Stoney's niece too, but she thinks that's because she only cooks vegetarian food, she didn't care to learn to cook that type of food.

"No joke?" Stoney questions "no. I'm too hungry to joke right now" Maliyah answered, wiping her mouth, taking a sip of her drink. Stoney sensed that it was more than that, but she decided to let her be for right now.

"How many heads you doing today?" Maliyah asked "a lot, back to back too" Stoney replied, closing her eyes, her tiredness and highness were definitely kicking in. "You want me to do the first one for you so you can sleep for an hour?" Maliyah asked, eyeing her best friend, she could tell she was exhausted.

"I wish, but nah. That would be hella unprofessional, and I'm not that tired" she lied. "Are you sure?" Maliyah asked, "yes, plus the girl should be pulling up right now, so I'm going to prep" Stoney stood up and walked out the room, while rubbing her eye.
•••
5 hours later.

"Then the nigga had the nerve to ask me if I came? I laughed in his face then told him get out" Sariyah, one of Stoney's braiders said, making all the women in the salon laugh.