Part 52 - Succubus

I'm sure we should have expected that but children, for the most of them, loathe hiking. Ben promised we weren't going that far and that it's going to be worthwhile but they're already complaining anyway.

"So how are you doing?" Kala asks as she walks beside me, William by her side.

"I'm good, I got the cereal I wanted this morning, usually I don't have any because the little monsters eat everything before I get any chance to get what I want but this morning I got some, it was amazing," I love cereal.

"You know I'm not talking about that."

I lower my head and stare at my feet as I stride forward, "I'm fine, really. What happened yesterday was what I'd been needing for months, a way to release what I was holding in. He knows what I think and how I've been feeling and I know he's still...him and somehow it's reassuring me."

"Why is that?" William raises an eyebrow and I suddenly notice how close he is standing to Kala. I wonder when they're gonna make it official because they're not fooling anyone...

"I think I was scared he might find somebody else and it might be selfish but seeing him cold and stony..."

"You don't want him to move on before you do," William finishes what I started with an understanding nod.

"Yeah..." Am I a horrible person? Tom was the first person who made me feel like I was really special, I don't want him to make somebody else feel special so quickly after we ended things.

"For what it's worth, I can assure you that he hasn't moved on yet," He flashes a knowing grin before shouting, "hey! Little blond boy! Don't step out of the trail!" and just like that he's gone, leaving Kala and I alone.

What does he mean by that?

"What are you planning to do if for some reason you two end up alone at some point?" What a suspicious question, I squint my eyes at Kala. "Oh no! It's not that I'm planning something else! I was just wondering," she shakes her head.

"I'll act as natural as I can, since I'm not exactly ready to let him go yet, at least I'll keep him close as a friend," that's my only plan for now.

Let's do something I'm very good at one last time: putting the pain in a little box and hiding that little box somewhere inside of me with my deepest secrets and pipe dreams. It's the last time, from now on I'm gonna express my feelings, not too much though, the point isn't to annoy other people or sound self-centred, but no more boxes, no more feeling suppression, it's time to live a healthy life. I even started eating sprouts, do I digress?

"You just need to put yourself out there girl, go find someone who'll keep you busy just the time to forget about the Head boy. Go be nasty, you're young, you're hot, I'd totally bang you," and that's bestie material.

"I appreciate your comment," I flip my hair with sass.

She's probably right, I should be that girl, a girl like Kala who doesn't fear to have fun.

"You can get anyone you want Ida, just give them some bitch attitude, nothing turns on men as much as that, trust me," she wiggles her eyebrows and I wince, Kala is way too comfortable with her sexuality. Or maybe it's because I've known her since I was like seven and so it's weird for me...

"Anyways, how's William in bed?" I change the topic and set a trap at the same time. Call it killing two birds with one stone.

"Oh my god, restless, he-..," mwahahaha she fell right into it. "You know..." she winces a little as the realisation hits her.

I stare at her blankly, "are you kidding? The right question is: Who doesn't know?" We exchange a glance and burst out laughing, "you two are really perfect for each other, he's so sweet and you're crazy, perfect," I daydream as I imagine them in the future, a perfect blend of craziness and love. Hopefully their children will have Kala's hair.