Part 57 - Bon appétit

(Tom's POV)

Into consideration.

Into fucking consideration.

For yet another night, Ida Abberline has me up after midnight boxing to calm myself down. I'm standing on a rock facing the lake as I punch and kick the air, I can't go to bed right now, I would be a mess.

Besides, I think I heard Kala in the cabin which probably means that she's with William and I'd rather not be reminded that I'm the only one around here who's not sleeping with the one they love. And I'd rather not be reminded that my balls are about to burst for how full they are.

Hence the nightly sports session.

I feel the chill air on my shirtless body but I'm not cold, I need to train myself until exhaustment if I want to fall asleep quickly because if I lie in bed and let my mind start wandering through the past week...the building of the treehouse, her laughters caused by another, the way she was so comfortable around him.

Suddenly the air I punch takes a more human form and Dylan's face appears which is much easier to beat up for some reasons. I know he's not after her, that's what he says anyway, but my imagination and I agree on the fact that he is suspiciously nice to her. A friendship between a boy and a girl? There's always a moment where attraction will be felt.

Fucking. Attraction.

As I'm frantically punching the imaginary version of Dylan I hear noises. I stop, look around. Where is it coming from?

(Ida's POV)

"Hi! I'm a human-sized-hamster!"

"Well hello there, do you find enough food?"

"What are you talking about Ida?"

"Dylan?"

"Oh so you dream about Dylan?"

"Tom?"

"Hey, it's your lewd best friend! Am I interrupting something here? Ohlala!"

"Kala?"

"Ida you were supposed to hand me your file on human-sized-hamster today? Where are your two hundred pages?"

"I didn't know, I-"

"I can help."

"Mr. Human-sized-hamster?"

"Ida bring me some honey and go back to bed."

"But I'm supposed to be in bed."

"Ida."

"Ida."

"Ida."

"Aaaaaaaaaaah!"

"Ida?" I bump into Kala's forehead as I abruptly awake. That dumbass was leaning over my bed like a freak.

"Ouch!" She moans.

"Sorry about that, I was having a...weird dream."

"What's new?" She gives me a blank stare. It is true that I often have really weird dreams and they always include honey at some point, but I don't like honey, maybe I should? But wait...

"Why did you wake me up?" I groan.

"Tim is not in his bed, Parker said he went out to look for you because he had had a nightmare but it's been ten minutes and apparently he's not with you so...he's your favourite, handle it."