-112-

"Oh my God!" Kasey covers her mouth as she continues to look down at the screen of her phone. 

"Everything okay, Kase?" 

Kasey looks up and grabs Heather O'Reilly's arm, "Come with me," dragging her inside the trainer's area which currently sits empty. 

"Are you going to spill or do I need to ask your wife what's going on?" 

Kasey turns her phone and shows HAO the notification of the screen. 

"What do I do?" 

HAO laughs, "It's only a message, Kase; I'm sure everything will be fine. For all we know, she could simply be calling to say congratulations." 

"True. I guess I'm just a little flustered by everything at the moment. Can you stay with me while I listen to it?" 

O'Reilly smiles and nods, "Better get to it soon because, I'm fairly certain there isn't going to be any hot water left in the showers if we wait much longer." 

Kasey chuckles, "Here goes." Unlocking her phone, she pushes the button to dial into her voicemail box and skips through a few from well wishers before getting to the one that wants. 

"Kasey, this is Jill Ellis; I'm just calling to congratulate you and your team on winning the NWSL Championship today. Can you please call me back, it would seem that we have some things to discuss." 

Kasey's eyes go wide and her mouth drops, "Oh my God! Does this mean what I think it does?" 

Heather's face lights up and she nods before hugging Kasey, who's still somewhat stunned. "You need to call her back right now; I'll keep watch, while you do."

Kasey takes a couple of deep breaths before finding the USWNT Coach's information and dialling the number assigned to it. 

Ring ... ring ... ring 

"Hello?"  

"Hey Jill; this is Kasey Wild, returning your call." 

"I wasn't expecting such a quick response, I assumed that you'd still be celebrating your victory." 

"Trust me, I have been; however, it seemed as though returning your call was a priority. What can I do for you?" 

"How do you feel about your first NWSL season, now, that's it's complete?" 

"To come in and be able to play with the best team in the league, winning the shield and NWSL Championship has been a dream. I think that I've grown alot as an individual and teammate this season and it would seem that my teammates think the same, allowing me to wear the armband, has been a huge honour and something that I'll never forget."  

"What about your personal achievements, how are you feeling about them?" 

"Blessed to have been surrounded by a group of teammates and staff who've been there to motivate me, support me and give me a kick in the ass when necessary. Jill, if you're looking for me brag about winning awards and setting records, it's not going to happen and I think having already spoken with me several times in the past you know this."  

"I will say this, you've certainly made a lasting impression on everyone around this league and your outstanding play hasn't gone unnoticed this season by US Soccer." 

"I've worked hard all season both on and off the field and the results speak for themselves." 

She hears Jill laughing, "Indeed they do. It's refreshing to hear someone not try and sell themself on me with all of their goals and achievements. I'm assuming that you're curious as to why I would ask for a return call?"