-60-

On the drive back to Kelley's parent's house from riding horses, they all engage in some carpool karaoke. 

As Kasey sings along with a top 20 song, the rest listen and smile. 

Erin turns down the music, "Damn Wild, you got some pipes; Squirrel wasn't joking when she said that you could sing." 

"Mom used to play guitar and sing for me before bed when I was a bit younger." 

"You play guitar, Kase? I don't remember seeing one at your apartment." 

"That's because I don't have my guitar anymore." 

Kelley looks over at Kasey and senses that based on the sadness she sees there when she mentions no longer having a guitar there's a story there; but, now isn't the time for it.

Once they are back home, they all head upstairs to change and make themselves presentable for supper. 

Kasey leaves the room to check on Kylie and Kelley sits on her bed pondering the earlier tidbit about the guitar. She makes a mental note of asking her girl about it, before then heading downstairs to see how she can help her Mom in the kitchen. 

"What can I do to help, Mom?" 

"Hey, Kel, can you help Erin finish setting the table, please? 

"Yep! On it! Hey Mom?" 

"Yes, Kelley?" 

"I just wanted to say that I love you and thank you for helping Kasey overcome her fear." 

Karen smiles, "I didn't help her overcome her fear, Kel; she did that all by herself. I know you told me that she loves children and wants to work with them, so I figured her seeing what those children are capable of would help her to overcome her issue." 

Kelley nods, "It definitely did." 

Kelley makes her way into the dining area and fixes the mess that Erin has made of the table. 

Suppertime is filled with laughs and stories, talking about everything ranging from Kelley's propensity for getting into trouble all the way up to their horseback riding adventures on the day. 

"Did you enjoy yourself, Kasey?" 

Kasey smiles and nods at Karen, "I did, but, I swear I have muscles hurting that I didn't even know existed." 

They all laugh. 

"I told you that I'd help you out with that later, Kase." 

They all look over at Kylie, who is blissfully unaware of the current conversation as she sneaks treats down to Buddy at her feet.  

With the dishes cleared and leftovers, all put away they all make their way into the living room with glasses of wine and or beer in their hand. 

As the fire burns and the tree lights the room, it's a beautiful sight and there is only one thing missing to make it perfect, aside from tons of presents that is. 

Kelley nudges Kylie in an attempt to set her plan in motion and Kylie nods, "Mom, can you sing some Christmas Carols?" 

Kasey looks over at Kylie and smiles, having enjoyed a few glasses of wine she is feeling pretty chill at the moment. "I'm not sure if I'll remember all the words, Ky." 

"Please, Mom? It's a tradition." Kylie does her best attempt at puppy dog's eyes along with Kelley who is fighting back the urge to burst out laughing. She looks down at their feet and sees even Buddy watching her.