-45-

Beep ... beep ... beep 

"Alarm Mom," Kylie yells out. 

"Got it. Kel, you're gonna need to let go of me if you want the beeping to stop." 

"Don't want to, you are nice and warm."

Kasey leans over and kisses her, "Seriously babe, I have to get up. I need to get dressed and meet my team for breakfast and pre-game. I'll be back in a little while and we can chill before I need to leave." 

"Okay."

Kelley watches on as Kasey changes and then heads into the bathroom to complete her morning routine. 

She leans down and kisses Kelley, "Morning." 

"Morning, beautiful. Hurry back." 

Kasey smiles and nods, "Ky, be good for Grandma and Kelley. Maybe Kelley can help you with your math work." 

"Aww, Mom."

Kasey laughs as she picks up her phone, slides on her shoes and jacket and then smiles at them before heading to the breakfast area to eat with her teammates. They follow up breakfast with a short meeting, reviewing the key players on Samsonville and announcing the starting 11 for the match-up. 

"Do you have anything to say, Captain?" 

Kasey stands up and smiles while looking around at her teammates, "I just want to say I've really enjoyed this season and this group. Having seen the progression from a group of individuals at tryouts to a team, an undefeated one at that, not only on the field but off; you've all come to training and games and given everything asked of you and then some. I'm proud to wear the band and lead this group, but, I'm not ready to give it up just yet. Not until I'm holding a Championship Trophy in my hands, which is something that I expect to be doing come Saturday. Let's make some history girls and run the table undefeated. Who's with me?" 

Kasey smiles and nods as all of her teammates stand up and cheer. 

"Then let's do it. See you all in a few hours, rest, relax, do whatever you need to get ready because Samsonville is looking to play the spoiler."    

As the players make their way back to their rooms for a bit, Kasey walks quickly towards her own room, not wanting to wait any longer to feel Kelley's arms around her and the comfort and reassurance they provide. 

Kelley wraps her arms tightly around Kasey, holding her and doing her best to help quash the nerves and excitement emitting from the Capital City Captain. 

She strokes Kasey's face and jaw before kissing her gently on the lips, "You've got this beautiful." 

As the alarm on Kasey's phone sounds out she hugs her Mom, Kylie and then Kelley, who kisses her once more on the lips and smiles, "Good luck." 

Kasey smiles and nods, "Kylie, listen to Grandma and Kelley. I left directions to the University where we are playing today on the notepad. Your admission is covered, but, I'm not sure if you'll have to pay for parking, so I left money there just in case." 

"Love you all and I'll see you after the game." 

Kasey collects her bag and makes her way out of the room and down to the lobby area to meet up with her teammates prior to climbing on the team bus that will deliver them to the stadium. 

Jen approaches Kasey and hugs her, "How was your night with Kelley?" 

"As good as it could be with Kylie and my Mom sharing the room."