-18-

Kelley stands outside the entrance, walking around in circles as she debates how to tell Kasey about what is currently happening on social media regarding the two of them and their possible relationship.

She is interrupted by a couple of people stopping her processing and asking if she can pose for a picture with them. She does her best to put on one of her megawatt grins as she speaks with them and then takes the picture with the group. 

"Good luck against Canada, Kelley." 

"Thank you." 

"Does that happen a lot?" Kelley turns and smiles when she hears Kasey's voice. 

"Does what happen a lot? Me getting recognized or taking pictures with fans?"

"Both."

"It really depends on where I am as to how much I'm recognized. Today was one of those days where I was shown on the screen and interviewed at the half about playing here back in 2015, so more people recognized and stopped me. But I'm not like Alex or Pinoe, where I'm recognized everywhere I go. So, are we ready to get out of here?" 

Kasey nods and leads the way to her car, noticing that Kelley has become extremely quiet and leaves space between them as they progress through the lot. She begins to wonder if the defender is having second thoughts about inviting her back to her hotel room. Once they are inside the car, Kasey sticks her key in the ignition to start it up and then turns towards Kelley.  

"What's going on? Have you changed your mind about me? About us?"

Kelley reaches over for her hand and shakes her head, "No. But we do need to talk about something, and I'd prefer to wait until we are at the hotel to talk about it, okay?"  

Kasey is concerned but noticing the dip in the usually confident player's body language, she nods and puts her seatbelt on before driving both of them to the team's hotel. 

The car ride is painfully quiet, so Kasey reaches for the dial and puts on some music to break the silence. 

Arriving at the hotel, Kasey gives her keys to the attendant before making their way inside the front doors. Once inside, they see a large group of fans sporting US apparel in the lobby and a few sporting the familiar red and white of Soccer Canada. 

Looking around, Kelley reaches into her bag and hands Kasey her keycard. "Go to my room, I'll be there soon, and I promise I will explain everything when I get there."

Kasey does as Kelley asks and makes her way over to an open elevator before riding up to the floor where her room is located. Doublechecking the number on the card sleeve Kasey then lets herself in and anxiously awaits Kelley's arrival. 

Kelley slowly walks across the lobby after seeing the elevator doors close on Kasey and makes her way over towards them. As she suspected would happen, the fans notice her and stop her autographs and pictures. 

Once she can get away from them, Kelley then heads upstairs to her and Tobin's room. She knocks on the door and waits for Kasey to let her in.

The door closes, and Kasey looks at Kelley, now clearly frustrated and upset by what has happened and how Kelley is treating her. "You need to start talking right now because if you don't, I'm out the door!"

Kelley leads Kasey over to the bed, and they sit down.

Kelley looks at the carpet before beginning, "Tobin sent me a message earlier ... apparently, some fans took pictures of us hugging at the coffee shop and posted them, along with some of me wearing your shirt and cheering for you at the game. Questions and rumours are circulating about the extent of our friendship/relationship and wondering if we are dating. They've even given us a ship name #Kelsey."