It made me feel a little bit better once we were married off to each other. That night after hearing him talk very little about himself, I decided I might possibly have a crush on him. I gave him my virginity to consummate the marriage in hopes that we could possibly make this work. That was until I woke up the very next day and learned he was sent off to war.

It made me sad and somewhat angry, but I knew it wasn't his fault. Most men that joined the army to become a knight or a soldier were either poor or had nothing to lose.

Rose pursed her lips while staring down at me. I could see the judgment written all over her face. "Well, that's a shame. I've heard so much about him from the King of the North, like how he was promoted to war general and took out hundreds of dragons all on his own. You should be excited that you were married off to someone powerful and rich. Though he is not a prince."

"I don't care that he's rich. I've only met him once."

"Ugh, as if. I would die if daddy married me off to some commoner. At least now he has money to allow you to continue to live lavishly. I would've felt bad for you having to live life as a lower classed citizen." Rose says snottily.

I groan internally, then turn my body to face my sister, "when are you leaving again?"

"Daddy wanted to have lunch with Anthony privately before I go. I guess he's giving the prince a stern talking before our departure."

"Great, I can't wait to see you go," I mumble under my breath, yet she hears my sour comment.

Rose scoffs. "Like mom and dad would want you spending another day under their roof. You have been nothing but a disappointment. You should be sad I'm leaving and cannot protect you."

I don't respond. Instead, I let the comment roll over my shoulders. As I said, I've been criticized all my life. Her words were nothing new to me.

"Anyway, since you're lucky enough to be married off a War General, mom wants me to take you shopping. We have to get you new dresses and clothes, lingerie and such."

"W-what?" I frown, looking down at my outfit. "What's wrong with my clothes?"

"They're ugly, and I'm about a thousand percent sure you don't want the War General looking at other women when you look like this. Trust me; they will find another woman regardless of your marriage."

Rose was partially correct, I did tend to dress a bit down but it wasn't like I was looking for attention. Men constantly gawked at Rosalie like she was the prettiest woman to ever walk the earth. She loved the compliments and stares. It fueled her ego.

"Fine, when are we leaving?"

"Now. Let's go."

~~~

"Give me a spin."

I spin, giving my mother and sister a three-sixty of the dress I was wearing. It was beautiful, no doubt, form-fitting and laces around the hem. I stare at their expressions through the mirror while biting my bottom lip. "This'll do." My mother nods her head in approval.

I sigh in relief, stepping down from the pedestal. "Can I go change back into my clothes now?" I ask.

"No, we still have dresses for you to try on." Mother says.

"Mom, we've been in here for three hours already. I'm pretty sure I've tried on half the store by now." I whine, I was getting tired, and my feet were hurting from standing in heels all day. "Can I at least try on some jeans and shirts too?"

"What? No, you will not. Only poor people wear jeans." Rose scoffs.

"You've already ordered over two hundred dresses and a hundred pairs of lingerie sets for me. We haven't even gotten to my nightwear yet. I'm tired and hungry."