"Is my dad inside?"

Surprise spread over her face when she saw me. I pulled a chair beside and sat there.

"Y-yeah.."

Basta nalang lumabas sa bibig ko 'yung tanong, hindi ko alam ano nagtulak sa 'kin para isiping magkasama sila. This casino is my dad's favorite place, Chanel Velazco is working for him right? But she's also working for Tito Steven so it's a little confusing, nasobrahan yata siya ng kasipagan, I can't relate.

"Can I get you something to drink?" pormal na tanong niya, sinuyod ng mga mata ko ang buong imahe at ayos niya. Chanel Velazco is spicy, her skirt and black tube said it all. Tatay ko nga talaga ang boss niya, napailing ako sa naisip.

"No thanks," umiling ako, pero makulit siya. I had no choice but to take the shot she offered me, I couldn't say no because I'm an alcohol junkie..para akong inaakit.

"Do you come here often?"

Hindi ko alam kung para saan ang tanong na 'yan pero bilang tugon ay umiling lang ulit ako.

"How about you, how often do you and my father come here?" pasimpleng balik ko.

"More often than not," she takes a sip of her wine.

"That sounds illegal," I say with a color of sarcasm. "Kaya pala hindi na siya madalas umuwi sa sariling bahay niya.."

She is about to chug another sip of her wine but because of what I said, she puts back her glass on the table, "Are you implying something, Miss Veneracion?"

Kung may isa pa akong natutunan sa lahat ng pangyayaring bumagyo sa akin at pamilya ko from the previous months, it's how I used to make a lot of scenarios and negative thoughts up in my head because of my overthinking ass. It makes me feel hopeless and worthless..even false hopes can be formulated.

I make a big deal out of things that shouldn't have been given a second thought. I'm still in the process of recovering that toxic trait of mine..my tendency to overthink too much.

"I don't want to be harsh, and I hate leaping to conclusion, but what is your relationship with my father?"

Her brows furrowed, "He's my boss.."

"Is he good?" it rolled off my mouth all of the sudden.

"He's a great boss," balik niya, pero hindi maitatago ang pagkabigla sa tono niya.

He's a great boss probably because he has great daughter too kaya bumabangon ulit ang kumpanya at bumabalik paunti-unti ang mga nawala sa amin. Cash did all of that, she deserves the recognition more than my dad.

"Great," tumayo ako. I'm done, pranka ko na siyang tinanong pero bakit hindi pa rin ako kumbinsido sa natanggap na sagot. Something is really off and I need to figure it out. Kung hindi siya ang kabit, sino?

After finding out who, at kung siya nga talaga, what will I do? I don't know, pero fulfilment iyon sa part ko kapag napatunayan ko na kung ano'ng totoo pero hindi ko ikatutuwa.

"Hold a second.."

I stopped and looked back.

"I hope that the SSC Election will be the beginning for you to trust your father's decisions."

"What do you mean?" kunot-noo kong kwestyon.

"You have no idea how much he loves you so much, just do everything he asks you to-"

"I'm not a puppet, excuse me," I dismissed, the music is too loud. I don't wanna make an effort to go back and listen to what she has to say.

Pagbalik ko sa pwesto namin kanina ay wala akong nadatnang tao pero nasa couch pa ang mga gamit ni Yesha.