Chapter 21: Playing God

Start from the beginning

Sinundan ko siya sa paglalakad at mas lalong nakita kung kabuuan ng laboratory nila. But something caught my attention.

The kid from my dream.

He was tied to a chair inside a room made of glass. Madaming mga kable ang nakadikit sa kanyang katawan at maging sa ulo.

Tila nabato ako sa kinatatayuan when his eyes met mine.

Purple eyes. Exactly like in my dreams.

"Please, save Allie." Tila bangungot na muling bumalik ang mga katagang paulit-ulit nilang binibitiwan sa panaginip ko.

"Vougn!" Muling pagtawag sa akin ni Allas. Pumasok man kami sa ibang silid at nawala sa aking paningin ang batang iyon ay hindi naman ito nawala sa aking isipan.

Hindi ko na naintindihan kung ano bang nais ipagawa ni Allas o kung anong mga sinasabi niya dahil naukopa na ng batang iyon ang akin isipan. It can't be. I was trying to remember how many more kids were there. Is that the same number of kids that are here?

"Vougn, you have to pull the trigger." Muling wika ni Allas na nagpabalik sa akin sa reyalidad. I was holding a gun, and there was Gavin's man, chained to the wall in front of me. The guy who's feeding his family using dirty money.

"Kill him, Vougn. You can't be the general that we wanted if you can't kill someone. " Allas whispered in my ear like a demon.

"Why do I have to prove myself to you?" Paghahamon ko kay Allas. I just want to get out of here and process everything.

He was about to say another one when I fired the gun. The man groans in pain. Blood started rushing from his groin.

Muli kong binalingan ng tingin si Allas na bakas ang saya na tila isang nakakatuwang panoorin ang kanyang nasaksihan.

Ang kanyang mga ngiti ay napalitan ng halakhak.

"Serves you right!" Sigaw niya sa lalaki. It didn't kill him, but I don't think it would still be capable of performing. But losing that will not make him any different from who he is. Still the devil that he was.

Killing people isn't the only way to make them pay. It's getting rid of the most important thing to them. Living the rest of your life with guilt and fear until you decide to end it yourself.

"What the hell are you doing, Allas? Are you still not done with him?" Tila natigilan si Allas dahil sa bagong dating. He is way younger than Allas, probably the same age as me, but he has the presence of an alpha. And it was obvious nang ang puno ng kompyansa na si Allas ay tumiklop nang ganoon lamang.

He grabbed his own gun at wala ring pagdadalawang-isip na ipinutok ito sa ulo ng duguang lalaki. And just like that, the man's suffering ended.

"Happy now? Tres needs you." Aangal pa sana Allas ngunit mas napagdesisyonang sumunod na lamang. Tila nabahag ang kanyang buntot at ang ma-awtoridad na pagkatao ay biglang naglaho.

"That old manipulative guy." He hissed when Allas finally got out of the room. He then looked at me from head to foot, trying to analyze me. But that didn't scare me. For all I care, he can stare for the whole day.

"You can go back to your little chapel and watch over the precious gem. That's your job, for now. " Utos niya sa akin. And for some reason, Allas and his presence annoyed me so much.

Hindi ako nagsalita at iniwan na lamang siya sa loob ng silid na iyon.

There's only one more bullet left in my gun. And I know exactly who I should use it for.

I closed the distance between me and Allas, at saka inasinta ang kanyang tainga. I don't mind being used, but without my consent, it pulled the last string of patience I had for today.