Chapter XXXIV

Caressing Chuski's head, who was sitting beside her as her self-appointed bodyguard, Anamika was peacefully listening to the old Hindi songs playing in the background with her eyes closed.

Since morning, people from her neighborhood and her friends had been coming to meet her without any break. And her Prerna Aunty was on her way too.

Her father had wanted to come too, but her grandma told him not to rush back as everyone was here with his daughter.

Shivangi had been running errands since morning. She had been going back and forth between the pharmacy and the market. And Anamika bet right now she was sleeping haphazardly in her room with no care in the world.

And poor Aarav wasn't able to watch television from the morning. As the living room had been occupied for the whole day. But she was sure, he had his eyes burning holes in either grandpa's or maa's mobile phone.

Her phone trilled all of a sudden and Anamika who was almost half-asleep, groggily answered it. "Hello..." she said as she stifled a yawn.

"Turn off your lights and go to sleep. Right, this instant." Came his 'Royal highness Eklavya's' order.

"Stop staring at my room's window and you too go to sleep." Anamika countered back.

"I'll do that once you turn off your lights." He spoke.

"Your wish is my command, your highness. How could I ever disobey you!" Anamika mused playfully.

"Looks like the effect of the medicines has kicked in." Eklavya heaved a sigh when he heard her giggle.

"Not really. I'm just taking in some positivity. You know how important it is for a patient." Anamika piqued in.

"As is taking proper rest." Eklavya riposted, then continued, "Listen I've talked to someone and fixed your appointment for tomorrow."

"Wow! You really pulled some strings." Anamika teased.

"Not really. He was my father's friend." Eklavya provided her.

"Oh! that's how you got the appointment." Anamika rounded her eyes in wonder. "At which hospital?"

"ShantiVed –

Before Eklavya could complete his sentence, Anamika interjected him, "No – no-no-no. Absolutely no! that hospital is way too expensive. We can't actually afford the bill."

Ticked off at being interrupted, Eklavya said, "Will you let me finish?"

Realizing her folly, Anamika zipped her mouth meekly and hummed for him to continue.

"As I was saying. I booked an appointment at ShantiVed. And about the hospital bill, you need not worry about that. I've already talked to the MD of that hospital." Eklavya lied reassuringly.

"Really..." Anamika asked timidly. Finding it hard to trust but when he again assured her, she felt a little relieved.

"Why would I lie to you? Listen, Vikrant uncle's calling, I'll talk to you later. Switch off the lights and go to sleep now. Okay!" Eklavya spoke seriously.

"Aye, Aye Captain!" Anamika mock saluted even though he couldn't see it, Eklavya still rolled his eyes at her antics. "Good night."

"Night." He replied... softly. Before his eyes gleamed with a menacing glint, "Time to finish some unfinished business."

Murmuring ominously Eklavya walked towards a certain someone's room.

~*~*~*~*~

Hissing in pain Advay gently rubbed the balm on his body. Oh! How much his life sucked! He had directly gone to the cricket academy from school out of sheer fear of a certain someone.