𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

When Primrose finally came around from her forced slumber, she could hardly believe her eyes. The Dark Aster in pieces scattered around the Xandarian dirt with small fires burning here and there. But what really made the Quill woman's blood run cold was seeing a circle of sticks surrounding her and her allies. The sound of Peter's music that somehow survived the crash was the only thing that could be heard as everyone began coming around and taking in their surroundings.

It wasn't long before Primrose's attention fell on Rocket, who was sitting on his knees while staring at the twigs in his hands. The Quill woman just stared at the raccoon as he mourned his friend before a hand appeared in front of her face. When she looked up, she was greeted by Peter staring down at her with a blank expression on his face. Primrose didn't hesitate to take her brother's hand before he helped her to her feet while the Xandarians came out of hiding to see what was going on. Just as the brunette girl started to believe they had won, her ears were greeted by the whimpering of the civilians.

The Quill siblings instantly exchanged a knowing look before they followed everyone's gaze. Primrose's blood ran cold at the sight of Ronan emerging from his ship's ruins with the Stone still attached to his staff.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket shouted after he turned to face the Accuser before he charged at the man, only for Ronan to use the Stone to send the raccoon flying across the wreckage.

"Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy!" the blue man called out to the surrounding Xandarians as he gestured towards the remaining heroes in front of him, "what fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand."

While Ronan continued addressing the Xandarians, Primrose's gaze moved to Rocket. She did her best to suppress her smile when she saw the creature rapidly rebuilding the Hadron Enforcer. It wasn't long after that when she locked eyes with Drax and Gamora, who sent her a small nod before Primrose used her foot to nudge her brother. The Quill siblings only had to lock eyes for them to communicate what to do then they turned their attention back to Ronan.

They watched for a moment as the Accuser spoke in his native language while raising his staff into the air. The higher he brought the object up, the brighter the Stone glowed. That was all it took for Peter to spring to his feet and initiate his and Primrose's plan. The second the Quill man began singing along to the song that was faintly playing in the background, the glow of the Stone faded and Ronan's eyes landed on Peter. Primrose did her best to suppress her smile as her brother started tapping his foot along to the beat before his singing got even louder. It wasn't long after that when he began dancing along to the music.