𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Things had changed quite a bit since they left Xandar. For one, Primrose was still getting used to four additional people living on the Milano. After years of traveling together, Peter understood his sister's need for personal space and would leave her alone when she went to her room. Now, Primrose had Drax barging into her quarters whenever he wanted to hear another story or Rocket constantly asking her to help him with another invention. It drove her mad but she was slowly getting used to it...that still didn't stop her from asking Peter to put a lock on her door. Primrose did really enjoy having Gamora around though. It was nice to spend time with another female for a change.

For Peter, things hadn't been much different. The world around him was still as crazy as ever and he was still flying toward the next great adventure. The one thing that bothered him more than anything was Rocket constantly trying to take over. The Quill man never had to fight for control of the Milano since his sister never showed interest. Now, it was a constant battle over who was going to fly that day and where they were going to go. But, like his sister, he enjoyed having Gamora around...just for different reasons.

Like every other normal day on the ship, Primrose found herself sitting in the comfiest chair on the Milano with a book in hand. Drax sat beside her polishing one of his daggers while she read another chapter of the Wizard of Oz to him. The two of them had done that almost every day since they left Xandar. It surprised Primrose at first because she didn't expect the Kylosian man to be interested in her stories. But the moment he asked her about what happened next in The Outsiders, the Quill woman knew she had to share more books with him.

Peter's new music filled the air as she got to the part when Dorothy met the Scarecrow on her way to meet the Wizard. Drax paused her for a moment to ask what a scarecrow was before she continued with the story. A small smile appeared on her face before she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. When she glanced toward the activity, Primrose saw the baby Groot that Rocket had been taking care of since they left Xandar dancing along with the music. The smile on the Quill woman's face did nothing but grow as she watched him for a moment then she went back to reading the story.

It wasn't long after that when Drax's entire body froze, making Primrose stop reading to look over at him. The Kylosian man just blankly stared in front of him for a long moment before rapidly turning to look at Baby Groot. That caused the growing tree to freeze, which forced Primrose to hold back a laugh. Drax looked around the empty space for the source of movement he thought he saw before he went back to polishing his dagger.

The second he turned his attention away from the pot on the table, Baby Groot went back to dancing along with the music. That time, the Quill woman failed to hold back her laughter as she watched the small tree dance without a care in the world. Drax instantly spun around at the growing tree again, only for Baby Groot to freeze once more. When the Kylosian man turned his attention back to Primrose, he studied her for a silent moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"What are you laughing about?" Drax questioned right as Baby Groot went back to dancing along with Peter's music.

"Nothing, really. I just remembered something Peter said a while ago," Primrose told him while trying her best to ignore the dancing tree before her attention turned back to her book.

Drax just stared at her for a moment longer then he returned to listening to the story as he polished his dagger. That continued for another couple of hours before Peter announced they were on their way to their next destination.

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────