When They First Realized

Start from the beginning

Miss. Jenn: Are you okay honey?

Gina: Sorry, is there still room for a third?

Ashlyn: Do you know the song?

Gina: I was curious, so I spent the afternoon kinda studying it. It's brilliant.

Kourtney: Get in line, Tercet.

Ej came on stage with a boom box and glanced at Gina for a few seconds as she got in line gaining the attention of Natalie. She kinda smirked at him as Ashlyn was describing themselves but he didn't see it. She thought it was just her head but she noticed as the girls changed positions in the dance Ej always had his eyes on her.

Natalie's POV

Woah ok ok so I know I was shocked about a senior dating a tree last semester but a senior dating a sophomore, now this shit is about to get real but...this is different. I remember how he always looked at Nini from the beginning, he always looked so serious. He was always more tense in the body, don't ask how I know but he was always so stiff. But like with Gina I don't know it's different. Right now he is currently looking at her with admiration and even he didn't look like this when watching Nini perform last year...maybe because he was mad at Ricky. He's not even with her and he's already super smiley when she's around and I don't know if he's imagining what Ashlyn told us to but if he is then Gina is probably looking pretty hot in his head right now. What. Is. Happening?

2.05

Ashlyn: Ok guys Sebbie just texted me and they will be here in 30 minutes so make sure you have everyone prepared. From what I see this is going to blow Carlos' mind out of the water *she squeals*!

Mr. M: Interview camera is looking pretty well Caswell.

Ej: I see what you did there. Smooth *he chuckles*.

Mr. M: Remember what I told you, learn from the people you're around everyday. Live in the moment *he walks away*.

30 Minutes Later

Carlos had arrived and just as Ashlyn said he was left with his mind blown. They brought him in so he could change and thus the party began. Ricky and Nini went on stage and then they announced Gina to come on up. She gave such a heartwarming speech it could leave anyone in tears and then the tape began to play. They all watched young Carlos slay his dance with ease leaving Gina to get into position afterward. Big Red watched Ej as he put the camera in a much better position and when Gina hit that first note he saw Ej's eyes grow wide as he froze in his tracks.

Big Red's POV

Ok so what I see is Ej doing the extra mile to make sure this footage of Gina is absolutely perfect. Not only that the moment she started singing I swear Ej glowed in a way he never has before. Last time I saw him he was down in the dumps over something I still don't know but right now it's like the only care in the world is Gina. I can't remember the last time I saw him this smiley and jumpy. Wait did she just get louder...not Ej turning up her mic to hear her voice better, bold move sir. Wow he seriously isn't taking his eyes off of her, I don't know what's happening but...I'm not against it.

Once Gina was done everyone erupted in cheers with Ej being the loudest one there and Big Red took notice of that too. He knew at that moment something was there. He continued to watch Ej from afar as he interviewed Gina and even though he couldn't read lips and had facial blindness, he could tell by both of their big smiles that something good was being talked about. After Sebbie got done singing The Climb and Carlos' Madrina was chosen Mr. M walked up to Ej as he was staring off into the distance.