The Story Of Us

Fives years after their kiss at Slices they are still together and as happy as can be. They are currently having dinner with two new friends they made at college who are also a couple. While talking, a certain question popped up that really brought the two of them back down memory lane. (In this version I'm telling it like it happened in the show, not my book).

It's a dark but starry night and Ej, Gina, Carson, and Maya were all enjoying their company at this new restaurant they all have been wanting to try for awhile. In the midst of their conversations Maya asked a question that really made Ej and Gina think.

Maya: So how did you two meet?

Ej: Uhhhhh how much time do we have here *he laughs*?

Gina: Yeah cause this would be a very long and thought out story if you're really interested.

Carson: Now you really got me on the edge of my seat and you haven't even started yet. Tell us the story of Portwell.

Ej: Wow, it's the fact that we haven't even told y'all our couple name and you someone figured it out.

Maya: Wait it's actually Portwell!? Good job babe, I've been trying to figure that out for ages.

Gina: Our friends gave us that name, we thought it was cute so it kinda stuck but we never brought it up unless someone else did. Good job Carson, now keep that to yourself got it?

Carson: Got it...now spill the story of Portwell.

Gina: So me and Ej go way back to my sophomore year of high school and his senior year. I had just transferred there and knew absolutely no one.

Ej: I was there my whole life and knew everyone there...up until I met Gina that same year.

Gina: Me and him were both trying out for our school play and that was what got us together in the same room. He was hyping up his ex while I was doing my own thing.

Ej: Things that year were complicated with my ex because she was still hung up on her ex. He tried out for the play as well so it made me feel very uneasy and that feeling made me do some stupid things.

Gina: I knew exactly what we wanted and it was actually I who started the process of said stupid things. One day I slipped his ex's phone in his bag because he wanted to know if Ricky, her ex was still texting her.

Ej: Once I saw the bag in my phone I thought it was my cousin who did it but it wasn't until Gina first spoke to me that I realized she was the one who did it.

Gina: I told him "you're welcome...we want the same thing, but it's gonna take a little teamwork". Something we both wanted was the leads in the play and from that day forward be became *she points at Ej*.

Ej: The Wonderstudies. That was something only we can claim. So a few days later my ex figured out I had her phone and that was when we broke up. I thought Gina had sold me out so the first ever words I said to her was "stay away from me".

Carson: Well we see now that played out *they laugh*. Glad it did though cause y'all are goals.

Gina: At that point I was telling Ej how he could fix it and he ended up blowing me off by telling me that "seniors don't follow sophomores" but guess who showed up at my door that very same night to figure out what my plan was, this chump *she laughs*.

Ej: Her plan was that I would be taking her to homecoming and at that point I was really confused and still didn't fully know the plan and to this day she still hasn't told me what the plan was.