Redlyn Curse Deactivated

The Redlyn Curse basically describes how Redlyn ruined two potential kisses. Big Red with Ricky and Nini during the Tech Rehearsal episode and Ashlyn with Gina and Ej during the Most Likely To episode. Let's see what happens if Ashlyn never walked in during the iconic couch scene.

Ej's POV

My dad really did that...he really paid my way into Duke and acted like everything about that was okay. That's not how I play, at least when I played to win I still did it on my own and it was genuine. At the end of the day Duke still won't know much about me, I mean that was the feedback they gave me as to why I didn't get accepted in the first place. My dad hasn't made the best choices in life when it comes to me but this is so far the worst thing he has ever done for me. I know his heart was in the right place but what about his brain? How can any sane parent think "hey I'm gonna bribe my kid's way into school and they should automatically be happy about it"? Worst part is I don't know how I'm gonna tell Gina about this, she looked so proud of me during class. Had that gorgeous smile on her face as always, I'd hate to let her down but last thing I want to do is lie to my g- Gina. God I need to go to Ashlyn about this, hope she gets this.

Ej pulls out his phone and texts Ashlyn.

To One And Only Cuz❤️:
Hey Ash I really need to talk to you about what happened at school today. Are you free?

Gina's POV

Wow Ej really got into Duke, I'm so proud of him! I know that's been his resolution since New Years Eve so I'm sure he's happy to be accepted. Honestly I'm really gonna miss him when he leaves, I don't think I'll be able to continue the East High Morning Show because that's kinda special to us and I wouldn't want to try to find a replacement for him. We've gotten a lot of positive feedback from the show so I'm sure two other people would totally step in if given the chance because I can't do it without him. Wonder how he's feeling though because he didn't seem to act the way any other kid would act if they had just gotten into their dream school. His dad whispered something in his ear and he had a very quick scowl afterwards but then replaced it with a smile. Wow why am I paying so much attention to him, what is this?

Knock Knock Knock

Gina: It's open Ash!

Knock Knock Knock

Gina puts down her knitting needles and gets up to answer the door. When she opened it she saw the one and only Ej and a smile immediately grew on her face.

Gina: Ej!

Ej: Hey G! Hope I'm not interrupting anything *he smiles*.

Gina: No you're not, I'm only knitting and the strings keep getting tangled so if you're down for it some help would be nice *she laughs*.

Ej: Anything for you.

Gina: What?

Ej: Um nothing, uh is my cousin around?

Gina: No she um went out to buy some shirt...yeah I didn't really pay attention. I was in my own knitting world *she sits down on the couch*.

Ej: *follows her and sits down* here let me grab that *he picks up the yarn*.

Gina: So congrats on getting into Duke, how do you feel because I got some really mixed vibes while watching you today during class?

Ej: Well that's because I didn't really get in.

Gina: So what was your dad talking abut then?

Ej: I mean I got in but only because he made it happen.