Chapter 28: Times up

Start from the beginning

Once the two men had left, Levi quickly rushed over. (Y/n)'s expression was full of shock, pain and fear, her eyes still wide as she stared straight ahead, not even acknowledging Levi as he approached.

"Hey, who was that? What did he say to you?" His voice echoed in her mind, full of concern but she couldn't fully understand what he was saying, her attention elsewhere.

"(Y/n)," His hand grabbed her shoulders, quickly noticing the blood. Letting go of her bad arm he cussed under his breath, "are you okay?" He asked, trying to grab her attention but she continued to stare off into space.

His eyes quickly jolted over to the clock hanging on the wall, his eyes widening.

11:29.

One minute.

"Fuck!" He snapped, his voice strong as he jolted forward, his hand snatching onto (Y/n)'s good one and pulling her with him.

From this contact, her mind jumped back to reality, sprinting alongside her Captain as the two ran for the front door.

Their feet pounded against the polish floors, echoing through the building. Their legs feeling completely numb as they ran for their lives, exiting the building.

Nearing a set of trees, Levi reaching his hand back and pushed it against her back firmly, shoving for forward. Pushing her with all his power, his hand just barely left her body, his fingertips still touching her as he felt the force.

A massive amount of air, hot and blistering, shoving him forward. He felt as the air picked him off the ground, sending him flying as he quickly grabbed onto (Y/n) once more.

Wrapping his arms around her, her shielded her, feeling the power of the explosion against him. The pair shut their eyes quickly, their body's slamming against the ground as they were lifted up again, repeatedly slamming back down as they flew from the burst.

The sound of the explosion, ringing in their ears. The feeling of the ground tearing their skin apart as the got tossed around again and again, soon slamming harshly into the side of a building.

Levi had taken the brunt of the impact, his back slamming into the concrete as he still gripped tightly to the girl. His mouth fell open as a rush of air exited his lungs, his arms falling loose and unwrapping from her body. The two falling painfully to the ground, Levi's arm laying loosely on top of her body, his chest slanted by her side, half of it leaning on the back of her shoulder as she lay painfully on her chest, her arms spread out by her head.

The whole world went quiet, birds had stopped singing out, the wind blowing softly, pushing their loose strands of hair slightly. All the sounds of nature had stopped, no one even talked, the world was quiet.

Small pieces of debris and rubble lay on the ground surrounding them.

Levi's eyes opened slightly, wincing from the excruciating pain shooting up his spine and stabbing at his head repeatedly.

However he pulled his arm up, pushing his weight onto them, wincing even harder at the agony. Sitting up slightly, he reached out and connected his hand with (Y/n)'s shoulder, pulling her body towards him and flipping her over.

As he did this, the continuous torture of his suffering called out to him, but he continued to move through the pain.

"Hey," Levi spoke out, his voice low and gruff, "(Y/n)." He coughed once, propping himself up more.

The girls eyes where shut tightly, her body tense as she breathed deeply, trying to calm the pain. Though her eyes opened slightly, looking up she was meet with the silver eyes of her captain. His face was still straight per usual, but his brows had furrowed, both in pain and in concern.

The man's shoulders dropped upon seeing her open her eyes, sighing.

"Thank fuck." He mumbled, dropping his forehead to her shoulder. Feeling as (Y/n) raised her hand slowly, setting it on the back of his head.

~
Kinda a shorter chapter, but thank you for reading☺️

How are you all doing?

Just curious, what's been one of your favorite chapters/scenes?