Chapter 10

Vera's POV

I hadn't heard from my parents nor Lexi for the past three weeks and I was already getting home sick.

I have been seeing a little too much of Cyrus, more than I was comfortable with and oddly enough Aldonis has been really busy lately. Honestly I believed he was intentionally ignoring me.

I was grateful to have gotten to know the head chef and my personal maid Selina
She was just the cutest and had the most mesmerising blue eyes you would ever see and I didn't fail to compliment her on it as much as I could but as usual she blushed it off.

Over the past weeks we have eaten together and she has basically given me as much history on the Chrysantos she knew.
I had asked why Mrs Chrysantos wasn't at my engagement and she explained that she had her personal business she was running which kept her away from the city very often.
Hearing that Mr Chrysantos supported his wife so much as to let her be away for so long melted my heart.

Their great love story and the amount of love the shared was a normal thing for Selina to tell me about and I so wished I could witness it or at least live such a love story but as things were going I don't think I would even find love
Especially not with Julius.

Mrs Juliette was a sweet loving grandma.
She was Selina's only family
She baked the best chocolate chip cookies you'd ever taste

I always snuck back in to the kitchen for second rounds.

I had confided in her about everything.
I trusted her wisdom enough to seek advise from her.

"Madam
I have some news I know you would love to hear "
Selina came rushing into the library that I found and fell in love with three days ago.
It was absolutely breath taking and had my favourite genres of books
Romance.

It looked like it was straight out of a Disney movie and I  found myself spending mornings to nights in that library buried in my own world

It looked like it was straight out of a Disney movie and I  found myself spending mornings to nights in that library buried in my own world. I was happy to have found a hobby that let me escape from the life and situation I found myself in.

"Speak Selina
And calm down" I closed my book to give her my full attention

"I heard Sir and Madame and coming tomorrow"
I was almost squealing at the news

"Really"
I wanted to make sure I wasn't hearing things

"Of course madam.
I won't lie to you.
I heard they are coming for something important"
I was so excited to meet Mrs Chrysantos.
From what Selina had told me
She was a nice lady that didn't fail to show the people around her alot of love and  currently speaking I needed a mother figure so badly.