22-An Interrogation (Kinda)

Start from the beginning

"And since when have you fought better than me? You don't even have your dumb hammer out!"

"Oh for gods sake I don't need it!"

"And that's why you have a slash on your chest!"

"That's why you're not supposed to attack your friends while they sleep!"

"Then we aren't friends!"

"We never were!"

"Oh stop it you two," Annabeth snapped. "And please tell me I'm wrong, but you two woke us up at four in the morning because of Chocolate Frogs?"

"She attacked me!" I pointed at Thalia. "Ripped my awesome shirt and made a hole in my bed!"

Annabeth looked at the slash, "Thalia, what's gotten in to you? You've gotten more...more violent lately."

Thalia lowered her spear, "I have?"

"It's like...like someone did something to you."

"Yeah," Nico said. "I've noticed that. She punched Parkinson in the face, and she didn't even do anything. Her eyes just sort of flitted over me as she was looking at everyone."

"She yelled at me for borrowing her quill," Percy said.

"Come on Thalia," Annabeth said. She dragged Thalia towards the door, snatching her spear out of her hand.

"Where are we going?" Thalia asked.

"Seeing Professor Snape," Annabeth answered.

We followed them out the door and I ate a tiny piece of ambrosia to heal my cut.

"You sure there's something wrong?" I asked. "I mean, she does get angry sometimes."

"Oh please, I've known her since I was seven, I know when something's up."

We reached there without anything happening. Annabeth knocked on the door, and a minute later a very crabby Snape appeared.

"Good morning," he greeted us grumpily, "something the matter?"

"Annabeth thinks there's something wrong with me," Thalia said in an I-can't- believe-this tone.

"Oh? Come on in," he ushered us inside. He magicked up some chairs and we sat down. I tried not to look too much at the weird potion ingredients along the walls. One jar was labeled powdered frog poop.

"What is it?" Sevy asked us, concerned.

Thalia rolled her eyes, "Annabeth here thinks I've gone cray cray."

"No, not exactly," Annabeth said. "I mean you're violent."

"Maybe I'm in a bad mood!"

"Professor, is there anything that would make someone act like this?" Annabeth told him what had happened.

Sevy studied Thalia, "Yes, actually. The potion is supposed to be powerful enough to make one person want to murder another."

Annabeth's eyebrows shot up, "What?!"

"My guess is, that someone slipped your friend the potion so that she could cause chaos between you seven."

"Leo rarely gets mad," Percy said, completely awake now.

I nodded in agreement.

"Or," Sevy said, "your friend just gets angry easily. The potion might have nothing to do with this."

"No professor," Annabeth shook her head. "She does get mad easily, usually with Percy, but over something as trivial as Chocolate Frogs? No way. She wouldn't have reacted that way, annoyed maybe, but not like this."