𝟏𝟎𝟐| "The deception of trust"

Start from the beginning

I will not be weak. Sora told herself, clenching her fists, her heart thundering against her chest as she squeezed her eyes closed. I am not like her, I am nothing like Dawn.

What made her so different from her ancestors? Yona was too selfless, always caring about everyone other than herself and in the end, died a futile death. Ahmya was a foolish, emotional war criminal who led her people into slaughter out of grief and despair. Ichiki was too courageous and idealistic, she believed she could change the evil in the world and bring an end to the curse once and for all. But Dawn...

She's just like all of them. Selfless. Selfish. Idiotic. Loving.

Too loving.

Sora finally gave in, lifting her gaze as she stared at the people who woven their way into her twisted heart, people whom she allowed herself to love and as the consequence- died to grant her salvation, to give her another chance. Something her prior hosts were deprived the likelihood of. Neither had made it as long as Dawn had, they all died young, never reaching the age of eighteen.

They looked the same as they did when she had last seen them. Sahiro's loving smile and kind eyes that once burned in her vision was replaced with a grotesque, bloodied corpse filled with burns and disfigurement from the scorching heat of the fire. Keiji was covered with incisions, scars, numerous scars from the times he'd take the torture for her, marks around his neck from strangulation. And Kei, her loving, sweet mother reduced to a gaping hole that profusely bled from her stomach, most of the damage self inflicted and the rest the result of internal combustion.

Ghosts of the past came to haunt her and fortunately, the room she was confined it wasn't big enough to hold hundreds of dead bodies.

"We want blood, Sora." Keiji whispered. "We want your blood. We want retribution."

"So many lives, so many innocent lives." Sahiro sneered. "At what cost? So that a murderer could live?"

"The only way our souls will rest in peace is when you join us." Kei smiled cynically. "You must die for your sins."

A few seconds later, nurses rushed into the room with Anbu on standby as Sora seized uncontrollably on the bed, thrashing against the restraints.

"Quick, she's seizing!"

Blood filled the passageway of her throat as she began to choke, her body was lifted, and her mouth puking the blackened substance into the bin.

She breathed heavily, regaining her breath as she stared at the corners of the room, only to see that they had disappeared and she was alone again with eternal rage ignited by the heat of her blood and the undying need to regain the control she nearly lost. It wasn't a surprise that the curse was taking its effect, Sora had been suppressing it for as long as she could in order to give Dawn enough time to do what she needed to do and now that time was up, drawbacks would be made at an extensive pace and sooner or later- she'd reach the terminal.

"She's stabilised, give her the medicine."

Her eyes snapped towards the nurse who walked towards the cabinet and grabbed the medicine Tsunade had prescribed. Once she was within range and her hand was close enough to the restraints, Sora grabbed her fingers and bent them backwards until she heard a sickening snap.

The nurse screamed in pain as the Anbu appeared by her side, one holding her at knife point and the others holding her limbs down.

Sora chuckled lowly. "Whoops. Accident." She eyed the medicine that was now scattered on the ground, her face darkening at the sight. "I'll make it your entire hand next time."