Whatever it takes.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask Jake as I walk out of the bathroom, half-closing the door behind me. I make my way to the bedroom, approaching the suitcase still abandoned on the floor next to the closet. I look at it, shaking my head as I let out a disconsolate huff.

Well, I might leave it like that as well, since we're going to move tonight...

"Boh, whatever you like!" I hear him yell from the other room, adding right after: "I'm so hungry that I'll eat anything!" He chuckles, before turning on the blow dryer to dry his hair.

Don't tell me, Jake.

Well, I'll decide after seeing what's inside the bag of supplies Helen has prepared for me.

I place the clothes to be washed in a separate compartment of the suitcase, and I pick up one of the latest suits inside.

Sigh.

I really should pick up some more clothes, or at least do the laundry, because I won't have anything left to wear anytime soon. And anyway, I'd love to stay in my house even if it's just for a day.

Honestly, I kind of miss my home.

And I miss Lulu terribly, who knows how he's doing, poor little guy. When it will be possible to come out from the closet, at least for a while, going to retrieve him will be one of my priorities.

I sigh, getting dressed quickly. I slip on some comfortable slippers and I move to the kitchen, to start preparing the lunch. As I walk through the living room, I glance at the clock in the room.

It's ten minutes to two in the afternoon.

What? Wasn't it a quarter past twelve until a minute ago?

Well, I guess time flies when you're having fun, huh?

Anyway, from what I've read in the group, Phil should be discharged pretty soon. And speaking about the others, we should definitely notify them as soon as possible of our next intentions.

I stop near Jake's computer, looking at one of his monitors, exactly the one where Michael's tracking is open. I look at the red dot standing stationery in the map: Currently, he's still at the farmhouse.

It's been there for almost two hours...

As I reach the stove, I think back to what Jake told me when we were in the shower, in reference to the Duskwood apartment where Hanson was staying: it's owned by his brother, who currently resides abroad, inherited after the recent passing of his elderly mother. There is no doubt that it's his current home.

Who knows if the brother is involved in this whole thing or not, but at the moment we don't care. The only thing that matters is that, if it's not possible to act with the plan inside the farmhouse, we know where to find him to ambush him.

Although I'd much rather not take that option.

Here, I'd just use it as plan B.
Actually, better to say plan C.

I really want to avert a direct confrontation. It wouldn't do any good, and besides, it would be impossible to get out of it without a bloodshed. What's more, even considering what I've been through and even though it'd be self-defense, I don't think I'd ever be able to kill a person.

Despite the fact that the person in question is, for all intents and purposes, a real monster.

I immediately try to banish the thought from my mind as soon as I feel my stomach turn and my mouth fill with bile.