The quiet before the Storm.

The noises of the city, the car horns and the cackling of children playing in the park, wake me abruptly.

What time is it?

I slowly open my eyes and stare at the ceiling. The room is fully lit by daylight, it must be late morning.

When did I fall asleep last night?

The last thing i remember is about me and Phil, when i was trying to push him away. I can still smell his scent on me and feel the touch of his lips on my neck. I turn my head to the side as I look for my phone and a sharp pain hits me at forehead height.

Urgh, headache again....

Well, this time i asked for it, I have to admit.
I get up with my upper body, gradually, staying seated on the bed.

I keep my aching head clutched in my hands as i huff.

I need a painkiller, NOW.

I get up and drag my feet to a cupboard in the kitchen, where yesterday I had placed a small bag containing some medicine that I brought from home. I immediately take a sachet of painkiller and pour the contents into a glass. I fill it for half with water and stir. I drink the mint-flavored medicine in one gulp.

Bleah.

As I put the glass down in the sink, I realize that I'm still dressed like the night before. I must have collapsed from sleep to have not even changed.

I look at the clock: it's half past ten in the morning.

I'll have a shower later, now i'd like to check my phone first. I immediately look at the charger, but to no avail. I look for it all over the room until I find it on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

It's at 18% battery.

I take a look on notifications: 12 messages from two chats.One is from Jake, while the other is from.... Phil.

Oh God.

It's not so much the fear of reading what he says, but the idea that surely Jake will have read it too.

I swallow a bitter pill and open Phil's chat first so I know what to expect:
"Hey there..."
"I wanted to apologize to you for last night... I shouldn't have acted like that..."
"I shouldn't have kissed you without your consent. I knew immediately I'd fucked up as soon as you pushed me away. I was too mad at myself, that's why I left without saying goodbye..."
"He's really lucky the guy you're in love with, I'd give gold to be in his place..."
"I'll see you tonight."

-PHIL is now OFFLINE-
*09:52*

-PHIL is now OFFLINE-*09:52*

Okay.

Phil's messages leave no room for free interpretation...

I hold my breath and immediately open Jake's chat:
"Hi, I've uploaded all the material. You can find it in your media."
"What are you doing? I can't take my eyes off your picture..."
"Can I call you? I miss you..."
"Good night, text me when you can... I always think the worst when I don't see you coming online..."
"Have a sweet dreams"
"I'm worried... Please get in touch..."
"What do the messages Jessica's brother sent you mean?"
"Write me as soon as you can."