Hide and Seek.

As I drive, I occasionally check my rearview mirror to make sure I'm not being followed by anyone. When the murderer, or one of his accomplices, drew the raven on my door, the car was parked in front of the house. I must therefore assume that he knows my car and be careful not to be followed back to the hiding place.

I decide to call Jessy on the way. She answers me after one ring: "Hey, did you leave?"
"Yeah, I'll be there in five minutes... Are you there yet?" I ask her, as I hear music playing in the background of the call.
"Yeah, I'm helping Phil set up the place. Tomorrow L'Aurora reopens, after the period of forced closure...and there's a lot to do!"
"If I can help out later, very gladly" I offer my help.

I mean, after Phil's hospitality, it's the least I can do to repay the trouble.
"That would be great, we're really in need!" She huff, then chuckles.
"By the way, where did you park?" I ask her.
"Phil picked me up, I left my car at home.... Why?"

"Just as well" I comment and add:
"When I was marked, I had my car parked in front of the house. Now, surely, Michael knows my car. That said, I don't think it's appropriate to leave it either in front of the bar or park it anywhere near it. Plus, I wouldn't want to attract attention by walking around Duskwood with a suitcase..."

"No problem, the Aurora has an indoor garage that Phil uses for loading and unloading goods, you can park it in there. If anything, we can even cover it with a tarp, to hide it from prying eyes..." suggests Jessy.

"Great idea" I congratulate her on her thoughtfulness.
"Anyway, I'm almost there. What side of the street is the entrance to the garage on? The navigation system indicates that in 200 yards I'll find the Aurora on my left."
"Well, as soon as you get to the Aurora turn left, taking the street that flanks it and then immediately left again. You should find yourself in the back of the place, in front of a gate."

"Perfect, uh, I see the Aurora" I report to Jessy, squinting to look for the route she described.
"Great, I'll send Phil to open up"
She disconnects the phone call.

Urgh, Phil.

I don't know why but I'm really nervous about meeting him.

Okay, hold on.
Don't get the wrong idea, it's just that knowing about Jake's jealousy, I feel uncomfortable meeting him in person.

I arrive at the famous intersection and make a double left, as Jessy described by phone.
The entrance to the garage appears before my eyes.

And there it is Phil.

It's unmistakable. In reality, he looks exactly like his profile photo: long, black, cropped hair and sunglasses. The tattoo on his neck contrasts with his white, slightly tight T-shirt, which shows off his abdomen.

He is leaning against the portcullis, his hands tucked into the pockets of his black leather jacket.
One leg is bent, heel resting against the metal of the shutter.
He's waiting for me.

He's got a great body, I think to myself.

He notices my arrival and slips a hand out of his pocket to raise his Ray-bans and place them on his forehead. He looks at me, then gives me a wide smile.

He immediately lowers his raised leg and walks in my direction.
As soon as he gets close to my car, I roll down the window on my side.
"Hi Phil, thanks for having us" I greet him, returning the smile from earlier.

He walks over and rests both elbows on the door with the glass down, arms crossed.
He stares at me intently, keeping a winking smile on his face.
His face is more in than out of the car. "It's a pleasure..."

Wow.

I think I stood there for a good ten seconds with my mouth open, and I think he noticed it too, given his amused expression.