xvi. did you miss me?

{in case anyone needs reminding - Suncana is now called Banu :) and, by now, Maria has become Gülnihal}

Istanbul, Turkey

Her three weeks, at last, were over. But Kelebek did not bother to leave her chambers. Instead, she remained there, entranced by the beautiful face of her baby daughter as she awaited the Sultan's call.

Tomorrow, she would distribute dresses and money to the women of the harem to celebrate Zeynep's birth. Today, she would spend more time with her daughter.

It was a surprise when her door opened to reveal Liljana Hatun, who had not bothered to seek Kelebek out for at least the past three months.

With a small frown on her face, Banu scowling at her place by the door, Kelebek greeted, "Liljana."

The dark-haired girl flinched slightly at her name on Kelebek's lips. Where has all your fire gone? The blonde found herself wondering, thinking of the woman who had made rude gestures at Kata in her defence.

"It is Aysun now," Liljana informed her, forced confidence clear upon her face.

Kelebek's lips quirked upwards. "Okay then, Aysun, why are you here after so many months?"

"I-," the other girl began, her words becoming tied as she looked at everything but the blonde, "I wanted to say congratulations. On your daughter. I am sure she will be as beautiful as you."

Surprisingly, the other woman's words sounded genuine. But it was not enough to make up for her new alliance with Mahidevran.

"Thank you. You may go, Aysun Hatun," Kelebek said, her gaze moving from her once friend back to her daughter's face.

When the baby's eyes opened, Kelebek cooed at her, kissing the young girl's forehead.

She did not care to listen as the door shut behind Aysun, nor as it opened to admit another who spoke swiftly with Banu before leaving themselves.

"My Sultana," Banu interrupted, having ignored all the times that Kelebek had reminded her that she was not yet a Sultana, "the Sultan has requested your presence tonight."

The blonde looked up at her closest friend, both sharing large smiles.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"My Sultan," Kelebek greeted warmly, dressed in a similar white dress to what all the other women had worn but with a light pink headscarf that matched her head chain.

When he turned around to look at her bowed form, the Sultan's eyes darkened heavily.

Clearly, just as she had planned, his desire had burned for her.

"Have you missed me?" The blonde then inquired, advancing upon him.

"Very much so," he admitted, though Kelebek knew better. Until she had sent those girls, his mind had been distracted from her and Zeynep by Hürrem Hatun and other women, "I even have gifts for you, for being one of the great joys of my life and bringing my precious gem into this world."

He moved over towards a medium sized, finely crafted box on the table, which he opened to reveal jewellery fit for a Queen.

It was gorgeous.