v ~ the sultan's dance

Istanbul, Turkey

When the dance began, the Sultan was obscured from view by the thin scarfs that each woman held.

Ivona's was a white colour dominated by golden swirls and flowers, the fabric positively glowing in the light as she advanced upon the Sultan.

Soon enough, they all lowered their arms away from their faces. They raised one arm high and kept the other one low, before gracefully waving the lower parts of their arms up and down in a motion similar to a bird in flight.

As they did so, Ivona adopted a bright, innocent and infectious grin, opting to look as if she were holding back a particularly sweet giggle.

As the dance continued to flow, the Sultan's eyes jumped from girl to girl, lingering on beauties such as Liljana and Joan, and very obviously remaining focused upon Alexandra.

Finally, however, the Sultan's eyes did fall to her.

Ivona allowed her smile to grow, laughing soundlessly as they twirled around one another before putting their arms high in the air and swishing their hips sensually from left to right.

Throughout her twirl, the Sultan's eyes had remained on her.

Green met blue as she swayed her hips from left to right. She lowered her eyes soon after they had met, giving the appearance of shyness, before she raised her eyes to meet the Sultan's once more, shooting him a tentative grin.

He smiled back.

When the next twirl was scheduled, Ivona made sure to get lost in the group of girls, moving to the back where she could not be seen.

Ivona hoped his eyes were searching for her.

Finally, the dance ended and all the girls fell to the ground.

Or it should have.

To her left, Ivona saw Alexandra begin to rise once more.

Though it would somewhat diminish her image as the innocent, ethereal beauty that she was trying to build up, Ivona followed suit. This earned her a sharp glance from Alexandra, but the blonde did not allow it to dissuade her.

While Alexandra took a more bold approach, moving swiftly towards the Sultan, every movement oozing seduction, Ivona stayed back.

As they had near the beginning, Ivona raised one arm and left the other low, waving her arms in a motion similar to that of a bird in flight. Or, as she so desired it to be seen as, an Angel in flight.

Then, she raised her other hand up to join it, remembering all she had been taught in her lessons as she danced in a manner that she would describe as obscured seduction. Instead of getting any closer or clearly bringing attention to her sensual body parts, as Alexandra did, Ivona moved further and further away from the Sultan. Whilst doing so, she did not bother to emphasise what she already knew he could see clearly, instead keeping as close to the innocent facade as she could.

The Sultan appeared pleased with what he saw, for his eyes flickered between Alexandra and Ivona continuously, their bright colour darkening with desire.

Finally, the music came to a stop. Ivona had her final pose, once again, be in that of the elegantly flying birds position.

She held that position as the Sultan threw a purple favour at Alexandra before rising from his throne. Ivona kept her gaze modestly upon the ground as his boots loudly sounded against the harem floor.