"Kalina, dear?" She called as she walks to her.

Kalina Nightwish is a genius kid who tends to keep herself away from others. The only kid that she plays with is the son of her father's right hand named Zed.

"Yes, mommy?" She answered putting the book down.

"Why aren't you dressed? We are going to a party remember?" Elli said as she sits in front of her daughter.

"I don't like parties," she answered looking blankly at her mom.

Elli fixes her little girl's hair, "Why not? It'll be fun. You will meet new friends there," she said.

"I have a friend," she answered her mom.

Elli smiled sadly, "Don't you want to have more?"

"No. I'm fine with Zed," Kalina said.

"Kali, why don't you try to expand your circle, hm? Like your aunt Hope's children. They can be your friends too," Elli said coaxing her daughter to agree.

Kali didn't say anything and just thinking.

"Okay, let's do this. Come with us and try to mingle with them only. And if you don't find it fun, then, we will not force you to come with us in the future," Elli bargained.

"Okay, but Zed is coming with us," Kali simpered.

"Sure, sweety,"

Elli beamed with happiness and starts helping her daughter to get changed.

"Do I have to wear this?" Kali asked looking at her reflection in the mirror.

(ctto but chubbier)

"You look beautiful, dear," Elli said.

Kali didn't answer. After getting ready, Elli and Kali went down.

***

The party started and the hosts are busy entertaining their guests. Their children are quietly sitting on their chairs.

Kith looks bored. CC is busy playing with the utensils, especially the table knife. While the youngest is sleeping in his seat.

Their nanny is about to pick him up but CC stopped her.

"He'll throw fits if you disturbed him," CC said without looking.

"But I'm afraid he might fall, little madam," the nanny said.

"Let him fall," Kith and CC both said.

The nanny can't do anything but obey. Though she's still on alert.

***

"We're here, sweety," Elli said as she shakes Kali beside her who has her eyes closed while listening to some music with her earphones.

Kali fixes her stuff and puts them inside her small bag. When they got out of the car, she left her bag.

Entering the function hall, Kali stopped walking and made Zed bump into her.