17.

"Kali! Baby, wake up," Kith said as he gathered Kali in his arms

"Get the ambulance, now!" Zed commanded.

They have an ambulance ready inside the palace.

"Wait, where are you taking her?" Zed asked Kith when the latter was about to bring Kali to his car.

"I'm taking her to SMC, we got the best doctors in the country and Cc will be there too," Kith answered as he continues to bring Kali to his car.

"Wait!" Zed stopped him.

Kith stopped and tilted his head to face him.

"Let's use the ambulance,"

Kith agreed and when Kith is putting Kali down on the stretcher, he saw the stitches on Kali's chest.

"What happened to her? Why does she have stitches on her chest? Is the mission too hard to hurt her so badly?" Is that the reason she fainted?" he asked Zed

"I don't think I should tell you that. You should wait for her to wake up and only if she wants to talk to you about it. Oh! Wait, you have explaining to do," Zed answered

"To her yes, to you no. But I know you care for Kali like a brother. I have a good reason for doing it," said, Kith

"Good enough to hurt her?" Zed asked seriously.

Kith sighed, "If breaking her heart makes her hate me but she'll be safe, then I'll do it. Even this breaks me too," Kith answered sincerely as he kissed Kali's hand.

Zed sighed, "But you can protect her without hurting her. Besides, you know who she is. Why do you have to do it this way?"

Kith looked at him sternly, "Then what about you? You knew who CC was and what she was capable of. Why do you still do your best to protect her?"

Zed gets it. Kith smirked at him.

"You understand now? Not because they are capable of protecting themselves they don't need protection from the people who love them. Just like me, I'm a man and I can take care of myself but why does Kali still protecting me?" He asked Zed.

"She loves you," Zed simpered.

"Exactly. If you love someone, you will do everything for them. That's how we are," Kith added

Zed sighed. He couldn't argue more.

They arrived at SMC and Kith ordered them to make sure that Kali will be treated well or else they will face consequences. They took her to the Stark's floor.

Kith fished out his phone to call CC but...

"If you're calling me, drop it," she said before turning to Zed.

"What happened?" She asked.

"She fainted," both Zed and Kith answered.

"Okay. I'll go check her out," CC left them.