Chapter 41: Learning to get rich system

December came with a cold wave and chilly wind. Xia Yao's head was resting in her hand and she touched her forehead to find out she was a little feverish.
Getting sick in the winter was understandable.
She rubbed her eyes and looked at the blackboard for another two minutes. Her eyes were blurry and her ears were ringing. Since she had regained her self-awareness, she hadn't had any trouble with the board. Was she sleepy? Or was her self-awareness getting withdrawn and her intelligence going back to its original setting?
No wonder the words were getting blurry, just like obscure or illegible writing...

She really couldn't take it anymore. As Xia Yao's forehead was about to hit her desk, a mechanical voice suddenly sounded in her mind—
[Ding! Long time no see~ Congratulations on completing the system upgrade, did the host miss me?]
Xia Yao stumbled and felt that the table was not as hard as she had imagined. She blinked and felt her eyelashes hit something. There was a hand on her forehead and the warm palm was gently holding her forehead.
It should be Ji Huai.
Xia Yao's head was still on his hand but she didn't have the strength to struggle. She mumbled a 'thank you' and fell into a groggy consciousness.

The voice of the system kept ringing in her mind; it seemed as if it was more talkative than before.
[Dear host, congratulations on your dreams coming true! The system has now officially been renamed the 'Learning to get rich" system. As long as you study hard, you can get the wealth you deserve~]
What? Learning to get rich? Well, it was true that too many things against the plot had happened. Xia Yao liked that very much, she loved studying.
[The wealth I deserve?] She felt that these words sounded somewhat weird.
[Yes, host. Because the author has officially abandoned the novel, the plot line has completely collapsed and the host is now free of her character's settings. As compensation for forcing you to complete the plot, the system has been updated to the 'Learning to get rich system.]
It added: [You are the biological daughter of the Xia family and deserve a share of their wealth. Every time you get a wealth point from the system, the Xia family loses one.]
Xia Yao: [Will this ruin the Xia family?]
[Host, does it matter? This is just taking back the money that belongs to you. Think about how the Xia family has treated you, Xia Xi and Xia Yuan are in bed right now.]

According to the novel and the current situation, the parents were indifferent to their biological daughter, and Xia Yuan and Xia Xi both hated her. She was indeed rather miserable. Especially considering the fact that she had jumped from a tall building at the end, and no one had cared about her death, as if she had deserved it.
Wait, Xia Xi and Xia Yuan in bed? Was it the bed she was thinking about?
[Tsk, tsk, I guess we know why the author abandoned the story... The first task is now issued: Listen to a lesson carefully and complete the after-school study. Reward: 1,000 yuan. The host has to learn well~]

Xia Yao had forgotten about Ji Huai's hand. She laid on it for a while more, until her consciousness completely cleared. She straightened up abruptly, sat upright, and turned her head to thank the boy again: "Thank you, Ji Huai."
After that, she quickly looked at the blackboard again. Her eyes focused and she felt very happy; nothing could bother her learning anymore.

Xia Yao had looked dazed and seeing her head was about to hit the desk, Ji Huai unconsciously reached out to hold her. He could feel the temperature of her forehead in his palm and it seemed a little hot.
Ji Huai leaned over and whispered: "Xia Yao, do you have a fever? I will take you to the infirmary after class."

Xia Yao was focused on the blackboard, following the teacher's train of thought. The physics formulas reached her brain one by one and the intricate questions were gradually being dismantled. She enjoyed the process of solving problems and solving complicated equations always made her feel accomplished.
But Xia Yao's thoughts were interrupted by Ji Huai's voice and she felt a little irritable.
Fever? Her forehead had indeed been a little hot just now but it should have been caused by the system's update!
"I don't have a fever." Xia Yao quickly responded while lowering her head to write the formulas in her notebook.