Chapter 40: All rejected

Because she had been caught by Xu Shizhou when she had gone to buy hot pot ingredients in the evening, there was an extra guest at the small housewarming party the next night.
Xia Yao: Ugh.
But when she thought about it, Ji Huai was the only boy invited at first and it might have been a bit embarrassing for him to be just with three girls. Xu Shizhou's presence might be able to relieve the atmosphere.

As she thought about it while preparing the ingredients, the doorbell rang.
Xia Yao went to open the food and was greeted by two warm hugs: "Sister Yao, I haven't seen you for a day! How are you? How does it feel to be in charge of the household? Do you need my help?"
It was only 3 pm but Xu Yinuan had brought Sweet Sister to help for tonight because they were both bored at home with nothing to do.
Xia Yao found slippers for them to put on: "Why yes, Miss Xu, Sweet Sister. I am cooking for the first time in my life, I feel pretty proud of myself."

The girls entered the kitchen and finished preparing the simplest hot pot. As long as the ingredients were dropped into the big boiling hot pot, it would be ready to eat.
Xu Yinuan and Sweet Sister helped wash the vegetables but did not forget to gossip as they did.
"Sister Yao, I heard from the girls yesterday that they saw you with Master Xu in the mall yesterday. You have to tell me everything! If I hadn't gone to dance practice, I might have been there and able to snap pictures of you! Now there are no photos so no evidence, ah~"
Xia Yao mixed the sauce and honestly told them: "Yes I met with him to go shopping. By the way, he will come later tonight."

Yu Xinuan and Sweet Sister looked at each other and tacitly agreed: Love triangle alert!
Xu Yinuan pursed her lips: "Tsk, let me just say it first. I think Sister Yao and Ji Huai are more compatible, the feelings between top students promote each other. This is what scums like me can only dream of."
Sweet Sister wiped her hand and said next: "Two top students make a negative, only a top student and a delinquent can have a complementary relationship! The overbearing school bully fell in love with me... this is what novels are made of!"
Xia Yao raised her head and looked at the two girls discussing in a low voice: "Sweet Sister, who taught you about positive and negative numbers?"

***

Xu Shizhou and Ji Huai met on the road. They glanced at each other and deliberately did not greet each other. When they walked to the door at the same time, they squeezed each other and none of the boys wanted to give way to the other.
This way, they rang the doorbell together.

Xia Yao felt the two of them were being particularly childish and the housewarming party started that way.
Xu Yinuan was very talkative; she knew all the gossip in school and continuously chatted about everything she had learned lately.
She put on a mysterious look and asked: "Sister Yao, do you know about the second-year small milk dog?"
When Sweet Sister heard this, she leaned over and tried to cover Xu Yinuan's mouth. Xia Yao's eyes widened and she vaguely guessed the situation: "Ah, the 180-something milk dog with the clear voice?."
She looked at Sweet Sister and raised her eyebrows: "Do you like the small milk dog?"
Sweet Sister's cheeks were already flushed, probably not just because of the heat of the hot pot. She snorted: "You're the one who likes milk dogs!"

From her expression, Xia Yao could guess that Sweet Girl was being chased by a younger classmate. She smiled and teased her: "Yes, Yes, I love little puppies, what's wrong, don't you like them?"
As soon as her words fell, Xia Yao felt a chill on her back and two pairs of eyes that were glaring at her. By the time she realized something was wrong, Xu Yinuan and Sweet Sister were already giggling.
"You are too thin, eat more meat." Ji Huai added a piece of beef to her bowl.
Xu Shizhou stuffed a bottle of milk directly into her hand: "Drink more milk."
"Oh, yes, thank you."

Xia Yao looked calm and polite, but her heart was all messed up. No matter how slow her feelings and emotional intelligence were, she knew both boys liked her. Was this infamous Asura field from recent novels? Ah, only two men, that wasn't enough!
No, forget it, she couldn't even joke about this situation, her heart had only room for learning.
So—
All rejected.