Chapter 36: Bip, bip, bip

Xia Yao got the classroom surveillance video from Sweet Sister and the chat log from Little Green. She put everything together and sent it to Xia Yuan.
Xia Xi didn't go to school the next day and Xia Yao wondered if she was recuperating at home after being beaten up by the Rainbow sisters. She also still didn't know who had cracked the anonymity and helped her.

[Please, show up on the school rooftop before 17:02 and be sure to complete the plot of "The sweetheart of the three big bosses". The host must accept Ji Huai's confession.]
Ji Huai's confession? What the hell! Xia Yao was so surprised she almost fell from her chair.
[No, no, everyone is still in school, learning is important! Can't I refuse?]
[The host cannot. Once the plot fails, your self-awareness will immediately be obliterated and your original character's setting will be restored.]
Xia Yao secretly glanced at the boy sitting next to her; the sun was shining on his face and his profile looked serene and beautiful.
She frowned: [No, the final exam is almost there, who has time to fall in love? Did Ji Huai get hit in the head by a donkey?]
[The system does not know, the host can ask him if he was.]
[...] Stupid system.

Xia Yao recalled the plot. In the novel, in order to make the heroine jealous, Ji Huai had started a fake relationship with the vicious female character, who loved him so much. Not only this was stupid, now Ji Huai obviously didn't have any feelings for Xia Xi.
He was most likely too devoted to learning, it was impossible for Ji Huai to like her instead. After thinking so, Xia Yao instantly relaxed.

***

When the bell rang after school, Xia Yao slowly sorted out her homework and glanced at the teenager when she saw him walk out of the classroom with his bag on his back.
With a sigh of relief, the last tight string finally loosened and Xia Yao felt she could leave with peace of mind.
[Look, the donkey didn't kick him, didn't he just go home?]
She kept putting her things away and took her phone from the side pocket of her bag. A message came up unexpectedly and her face darkened before she threw her phone angrily.
The system's mechanical voice sounded, somewhat sarcastic: [Uh-oh, Ji Huai's text has arrived.]
Xia Yao thought of the discussion she just had with Xu Yinuan and she instantly panicked.

***

The red light of the sunset spread across the vast sky. Xia Yao took a deep breath and pushed open the door of the roof, preparing herself in her heart. A gust of wind directly hit her face and her bangs blew all over.
After smoothing them for a bit, she noticed someone standing on the opposite side.

Xia Yao had lingered for a long time before making up her mind and coming up. Ji Huai must have been waiting for a long time and the wind had also messed up his hair slightly, giving his beauty a whole new side.
Scared of the situation, Xia Yao spoke the fastest she ever had: "Ji Huai, I have something to tell you."
Only when she took the initiative, she felt relieved.

Ji Huai was taken aback and looked at the girl with a sad expression on her face.
"I don't know if it's because of the hospitalization, but I started feeling the studying pressure. There is more and more homework, I have to study every night until early in the morning..."
"You don't have to work so hard. Xia Yao, you are very smart."
"No, I'm actually not smart at all." The girl lowered her head slightly and Ji Huai was unable to see her expression slightly, "My grades are only from hard work, I am not as smart as you. I can only put in more effort and I listen to English even when I go to the bathroom."
The boy pursed his lips and said: "Xia Yao, you are pushing yourself too hard, you can occasionally relax."
She sighed longly: "I also thought about resting for a bit, but the final exam is coming. It's high school's final sprint and the college entrance examination is almost here. When I think about college, I just can't relax and I can only think of racing against time and going back to study."
"If you have any questions about science, you can ask me. I am very happy to help."
"I know, thank you." Xia Yao paused, "Anyway, my brain is so full of studying but it's only that big, I don't think I can hold anything else outside of learning!"