Beware of the Foxes

Beware of the Foxes

To my one true love, my family, friends and pack

Preface

Hello dear reader,

I can’t express how happy I am that you’re currently reading my first book and are even taking the time to read the preface. I thought it wasn’t necessary to write one, but my dear editor thinks differently, so here I am, trying to think of something to tell you (and wondering if Stella [my editor] will edit this part out).

According to Stella, the reason why I wrote this book would be adequate, so that’s what I’m going to tell you.

I’ve always been a bookworm and wolves are my favourite animals, so I spent a good quality of my time in my teen years reading books about werewolves and shifters and the like. You can’t imagine how funny all that stuff sounded once I met a real werewolf and found out how much of the stuff I read and seen in movies was utter rubbish. Yeah, a real werewolf, I’m not making that up (even though Stella won’t believe me).

You should try watching a werewolf movie with werewolves; it’s like the best comedy show you’ll ever see once you know the truth. So I had the idea to write a book, inspired by the lives of my friends and use only true facts, so if you ever come across a pack of werewolves I hope you remember my book.

To keep those werewolves out of harm’s way (we don’t want you stalking them on facebook or reporters storming the pack territory ;) ) I’m using a pen name and changed locations; the facts however, remain unchanged.

Now I wish you as much fun reading my book as I had writing it.

“So, what do you think?”

“Honey, are you sure that’s how you want to start your book?” My one true love asked me, straitening up after reading my finished preface over my shoulder.

“What’s wrong with it, I thought you liked it?” I asked while looking up from my seat in front of my laptop.

“I do like your book, but I’m not sure you should tell people that you actually believe in werewolves.” He said looking uncomfortable.

I scoffed. “You sound like Stella.”

“Well, Stella knows how to sell books, she earns a living doing so and it would be safer if no one knew.” He retorted.

I rolled my eyes. “I wanted to write a book that got the facts right and what better source than the real deal? And no one will find out about the pack, no need to worry.”

“I hope you’re right.” He sighed. “So when’s this masterpiece being published?”

“Stella is coming over to get the final version in two hours.” I said taking a glance at the clock on the wall, seeing it was already 10am. It had taken me a while to finally write a preface I could live with.

“Your editor is coming here?! Why didn’t you tell me before? Now I need to mind link everyone in reach and make sure the rest get called so no one accidentally reveals our secret.”

“Don’t worry about that honey, Stella won’t be a problem after today.” I smiled.

“What is that supposed to mean?” My soulmate looked at me suspiciously.