Chapter 5 - Living Together

Two weeks have passed and her condition is getting worse, those injuries still bleeding. She can't even think if she can live as a demon again.

The same day and night, beating and hitting until it ends up with bleeding and hurting. But with the immortal life of a demon, it influences her life as a human and can't even die in a human form.

"How many times…" she said right after Jihwan beat her again.

"How many do you think?" he asked back.

"I…don't…know" she said with her face lower.

"Then, you should count…starting today…" he said in a cold voice and turned back but once again as always, his chest throbbing and this time he lost balance and fell.

Dahee who saw, trying to see him, already fainted.

"H-hey…w-wake up…" she startled after feeling his hands as cold as ice.

"Is he already dead?" she was stunned before put her ears to his chest and heard the heart still beating well and quite hard.

"He's still alive…" she sighs in relief but at the same time, she thought of killing him.

"This is my chance…" she said but remembered that she was in a human form and can't violate taboos about demons.

"I'll just take his blood and go away…" she said and cut a bit of his finger, licked the blood and finally returned to a demon form.

But unfortunately, those injuries are still at the place and not even a cut that cured.

"Why do I still have these injuries?" she was shocked and broke those chains. She's staggering walking towards the door and falling when was about to walk out.

"I need to go back" she said and return to the palace.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Oppa!" she called Daehyun from the main door of the mansion but no one answered. With a few steps in, she saw Daejin from the 2nd floor running down towards her and hugged her.

"Where have you been, idiot!!" he asked in a worried voice.

"I—" she stopped once saw Daehyun from the 2nd floor, looking at her sharply until she couldn't even react.

"How did you get this injury, what mf that hurt you?! Let me beat him to the death!!" he said and it made her giggle.

"Don't…it's already passed, I'm already here," she said.

"What passed?! It looks like it happened a few seconds ago!!" he hit her head.

"Daehyun oppa…I—"

"You failed…"he said while looking at her sharply.

"Oppa, I know I didn't make the report yet but I'll make it after I recover! How can you fail me without looking at my report?!" she insisted.

"What you've been through was the report, you come back in pain just the same as losing in the battle" he said.

"That's not how it works, you—" suddenly, he cut her words.

"Did the human get more injuries than you? Did that human die? Was that human suffering?" he asked a lot of questions without waiting for her answers.

"N-no…" one answer that makes Daejin gasp.

"See…you're weak, you don't want to be a demon king's wife and even more weak to be a succubus, why don't you just jump off the cliff?" Daehyun said those words like it was nothing while her heart broke into pieces.

"So you said…I'm not deserve to be a demon? To be what I am?" she said.

"Not…at all," he said without hesitation and tears flowing down from her eyes but in a red color.