N is for Nola

--Zeke's POV--

I enter her grandparents house and find them all gathered in the kitchen. Nola looks upset, but forces a smile. Ezra glances up at me and shakes his head.

My smile drops as I start to wonder what is up. Did she cheat on me? I have no idea what could be going on. I did nothing. I know that for sure.

I walk over to Nola and give her a hug. She mumbles something into my chest, but I don't hear her.

"What?" I ask as I hold her tightly.

"I said I'm pregnant Zeke," she says as she lifts her head up to look at me.

"You're...you-" I start, but everything then quickly turns black.

When I start to come to I hear several voices hovering over me. I then hear Michael and Mika laughing. I slowly open my eyes to see the four of them over me; Nola, Ezra, Michael, and Mika.

"Hey," Nola says with a smile as she brushes my cheek.

"What happened?" I ask confused.

She giggle, "you passed out when I told you I was pregnant."

As soon as she said it I was out again. When I come to again I'm in the living room on the couch. No one else is in the room, but I can hear them talking in the kitchen.

I make my way to the kitchen. My head is pounding. Nola flashes me a cute smile. God I love her.

"Hey sleepyhead," she giggles.

"My head hurts," I tell her as I walk over and sit on her lap.

Ezra shoots me a warning glare, so I get up and sit next to her. Mika laughs. Michael obviously missed it, because he just looks confused. I roll my eyes at no one in particular.

"Zeke, do you remember what I told you?" Nola asks.

"I thought it was a dream, but yes," I tell her.

"Are you mad?" Nola asks me nervously.

"No," I tell her honestly. "I'm sorry though. I should've...you know."

"It takes two Zeke," she replies.

She then grabs my hand and drags me back to the living room. It's dark outside by now. I glance at the clock on the wall and it reads 11:30.

"Do you want to keep it?" Nola asks me.

I give her a confused look.

"Do you not?" I ask her.

"I don't know Zeke. I mean we're still in school. We don't even know what we'll be doing or where we'll be in two-three years."

"You mean us?" I ask angrily.

"Zeke..."

"No Nola! You mean you don't know if we'll be together!" I stand up and shout.

"Zeke stop..."

"No! Nola I love you, but you obviously don't love me," I tell her.

I know she does. I'm just angry that we are having this conversation.

"Zeke I can't take care of a baby. With or without my fathers help. I can't!"

"Well I will. I'll keep the baby. You won't ever have to have anything to do with him or her. Fuck you Nola!" I shout.

I can't stand here any longer. I look away and then take off. I shove by Michael to leave the house.

--Nola's POV--

What the fuck just happened? That is definitely not how I intended that conversation to go. I didn't mean it how it sounded. I'm just so confused by this.

One thing is true; Zeke and I are too young. I know we'd have at least my families support, but something is holding me back. Maybe this whole situation has made me reflect on my feelings towards Zeke.

I do love him. He's amazing. I know he loves me and would do anything for me.

"You okay Nola?" Daddy asks as he sits down next to me on the couch.

I rest my head on his shoulder and shrug. He kisses the top of my head.

"I love you. And because I love you I'm going to tell you that you are making a big mistake. You'll regret this Nola. And I don't want you to regret any decision. But, I also don't want you to feel that you have to be with Zeke just because you have a child together."

I just sigh. Then someone knocks on the front door. Grandpa walks over and answers it. He steps aside and let's Zeke back in. Zeke doesn't walk all the way into the living room. He just stands just outside of it.

"Do you want to be with me Nola?" Zeke asks nervously. His voice breaks a little.

"I don't know," I tell him.

Zeke nods and then turns around. He then turns back towards me one more time.

"I love you Nola," he starts. "But it's okay if you don't want to be with me. I can handle it. And if you do decide not to keep the baby yourself, I do want him...or her."

I don't respond to him. I hear him sigh before turning around and leaving once more. Daddy gives me another tight squeeze before standing up.

"We should get going love. It's late," daddy says as he extends his hand out to me.

I take it and follow him to the front door. We each hug grandpa and papa before heading home.