F is for Freak

--Zeke's POV--

"So, how was your night?" Taylor asks me from my doorway.

I give her a smile as I sit up from my bed, "amazing. I love her."

Taylor smiles and steps into my room. She sits down next to me.

"Did you ask her out yet? You know as your girlfriend?"

My eyes widen, "shit. No."

Taylor sighs, "good."

What?

"What do you mean, good?" I question my odd sister.

"I'd rather not tell you," she starts. "But she's not who you think she is Zeke."

"Taylor.."

"Let me finish," she interrupts. "Zeke she slept with Jackson the night she ditched you. She even told him that she's not even your friend. She just feels bad for you Zeke."

"What? Why would she feel bad...she didn't...no Taylor. I don't believe you!"

Taylor looks me in the eyes and nods. She then wipes a tear away from my cheek. I didn't even know I was crying until she did it.

"I need to call her," I tell Taylor.

Taylor stands up and walks back to my bedroom door. "I'm sorry Zeke," she says before closing my door behind her.

Taylor's lying. She better be. I just got Nola back. I can't lose her!

"Hello?" Nola answers her phone.

I hesitate at first, "N-Nola...were you sleeping?"

"No. Zeke is everything alright? You sound upset.."

I sighs, "I'm fine. Or at least I was."

"Zeke-"

"Did you sleep with Jackson?!" I accidentally snapped at her.

"What?!" she asks. "Of course not!"

"Nola, please don't lie to me."

"Zeke, shut up. I didn't sleep with him. I've never slept with anyone. Who told you this?" Nola asks.

I sigh.

"Zeke?"

"Taylor obviously," I tell her.

"What else did she tell you Zeke," Nola asks a little calmer.

"Nothing Nola. I'm sorry. I forgot to ask you something..." I trail off.

"Okay," she says. I can tell she's smiling. I know her voice when she smiles.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I ask nervously. My hands shake as I wait for her response.

"Of course Zeke," she giggles.

I literally jump up in excitement. I've been waiting for this day since I've met her. This is definitely a dream come true.

We talked on the phone for most of the night until she fell asleep. The best night of my life.

--Nola's POV--

So, Zeke and I are officially dating. He's too adorable. I could tell he was nervous when he asked me. I could sense it in his voice.

"Nola, walk with us to Jacksons?" Ariana asks as Emmett hovers behind her in the doorway of my bedroom.

I shake my head no.

"Come on Nola," Emmett says as he pushes past Ari into my room.

"Yea, he said he's sorry," Ari says as she lays next to Emmett on my bed.

"Em, get off my bed. You smell," I joke as I nudge him.

"I do not," he rolls his eyes as he sits up.

"Seriously though, no. Zeke wouldn't like it if I went over there. Especially without him," I tell them.

"Invite him," Emmett suggests.

I laugh, "yea. I can see how well that'll go with Jackson when I show up with Zeke. He hates him."

"Who cares! We're all friends Nola. Jackson's an idiot," Ari says as he sits up next to Emmett.

"Then why are we going to his house?" I question the two.

"His parents are away. Duh!" Emmett says.

"I don't think it's a good idea," I tell them.

Ari grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet. "Let's go!"

Zeke met us halfway to Jackson's house. He wasn't to pleased that we were going over there. But I told him I was being forced to, so he's being forced to.

We show up hand-in-hand with the twins at Jackson's. Jackson rolls his eyes at us as we enter his house. He leads us outback to the pool area.

"Why'd you bring the annoying freak?" Jackson asks as he points to Zeke.

"Hey! He's my brother!" Taylor says as she slaps Jackson's arm.

"And my boyfriend," I inform Jackson.

I swear his eyes almost buldged out of his head. "You're with this freak?!"

Zeke steps back with his head down. I pull him closer to me. "He's not a freak. But you're an ass. Let's go Zeke," I say as I pull Zeke back towards the house.

Taylor starts arguing with Jackson. As we make our way to the front door Zeke stops me.

"Stay," he tells me.

"No Ze-"

"Yes, I'll be fine. I'll see you later. Okay?" Zeke tells me.

I nod my head and kiss him on the cheek. He sighs and heads out of the house. I know I should go with him, but I can't avoid Jackson forever. We can't. He's wherever we go. We're all friends. I think...

When I head back outback Jackson gives me an apologetic look. Kind of too late. I roll my eyes and head over to the picnic table to hangout with Emmett's potential girlfriend Lexi.

Lexi is 16. She's friends with one of Paloma's daughters sisters, or something like that. Emmett is obsessed with her. Hopefully she doesn't break his heart.

--Zeke's POV--

Screw Jackson. He just wants to screw Nola. I shouldn't have left her, but I don't want to take her from her friends.

Jackson's called me a freak since he's known me. I don't know why. I've never done anything to give anyone a reason to call me that.

And I thought we were friends. But it seems the closer I get to Nola the more jealous he gets. He doesn't even like her, so I don't know why he's acting like that.

I'm just sitting in my room, alone. I always end up alone. Maybe I am a freak.

I don't deserve Nola. She deserves someone better. Someone who isn't...a freak

Because apparently that's what I am.

A freak.