026

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
KANG RESIDENCE
AFTERNOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ sujin and sumin's plans never happen.

jugyeong came over a little earlier than lunchtime and told sujin that her and suho were dating and had been talking with the intent of doing so for months. it's no surprise that she acts cool when jugyeong's initially tells her, but breaks down as soon as she enters her room.

sumin sits on her desk while sujin goes on a rampage, tearing up posters and kicking things so hard they dent. but who would just let their friend openly pine over someone and then go ahead and sneak around behind their back. the least she could have done is not be completely secretive and then tell her you'd help her get with the guy? jugyeong is the type to be afraid of speaking up (especially to someone as scary as sujin), so sumin supposes that it really isn't her fault, especially when she heard that her and suho had known each other even before she'd transfered to saebom.

sumin doesn't even attempt to make her feel any better. knowing sujin, she'd eventually calm down enough.

all the while this happens, sumin's phone rings and she doesn't recognize the number. sujin throws something into the wall and sumin just stuffs the phone under a pillow. she'll just call back later. sujin ends a yelling fit with a laugh and even sumin is confused by it.

"what are you laughing for?"

sujin turns to her, "it's just my dumb luck that he likes her. of course he likes her." she starts to pace around the room and a few minutes later she ends up sitting on the floor with her back against the bed.

"sumin, do you think someone could ever like me"

"don't waste yourself over someone like him. you deserve a guy who will dote on you, not some blank-faced guy that doesn't answer your texts." sorry suho, but sumin is a great sister (slash hater) first, and a good friend second. "don't ask stupid questions like that."

"does seojun treat you like that?" sujin asks her.

"we had our own struggles. besides, seojun is a lot different than suho personality wise." sumin leaves out the part about how they aren't together yet.

when sujin doesn't answer, sumin decides to retreat back to her own room and leave her sister to her thoughts.

after a few more minutes, sumin calls back the number from earlier. the other line answers within the first two dial rings and informs her that it's the hospital and that seojun was recently admitted to the emergency room. apparently he had her as his emergency contact right below his mother's, who hadn't answered her phone.

thinking it's nothing more than a flu (he was always a wimp when it came to a little cold sweat), she takes her time getting ready. sumin showers before she leaves and even relaces her shoes into a cool pattern. sumin walks across the hall to sujin and tell her that she's heading out and to call if she needed anything, but there's no sobbing coming from the other side so she's probably sleeping already.

sumin asks the lady at the front desk where she could find seojun and she points her down the hall to her left. she's expecting him to whine and complain about how long it took her to get there and how 'he's dying' but sumin is met with him knocked out on a bed, with suho just a bed over.

sumin can recognize the body draping over suho as jugyeong from the door and she slides it shut behind her. when she gets closer, she sees the cast on seojun's arm as well the bandages adorning his face.

jugyeong hears the door shut and jolts up like she wasn't just crying as if suho had died.

"did they fight or something?" sumin asks her when she sets her stuff down on the table beside seojun's bed. must've been one hell of a fight. jugyeong doesn't really answer unless you count a mumble and a sniffle as an answer. she then packs up her stuff and leaves the room.

sumin can only watch her storm out of the room as she completely avoids her. just because she was the sister of her ex-rival doesn't mean she has to be so nervous all the time, but it doesn't really matter to sumin anyways. as long as she's not making trouble for either of them.

the nurse comes in a few minutes later to take their vitals, she tells sumin that they should be waking up any moment now. and at that, seojun groans awake and covers his eyes when he realizes the room is as bright as midday usually is.

sumin clears her throat and seojun opens one of his eyes to look at her, "what happened?" she asks.

"are you that worried about me?"

"i was busy with sujin and ignored the first few calls. sorry i'm a little late." sumin pokes at his cast and he winces (it doesn't hurt, he just wants her to nurse him back to health).

suho wakes up from all the noise, "i'm trying to sleep."

seojun looks over at him, eyes still half closed with sleep. "does it look like i care?"

"suho, what happened to you two?"

seojun looks at her like 'why didn't you ask me instead' and she looks back like 'i did, you wouldn't take me seriously'. suho ignores her just as well as jugyeong did and sumin realizes they may actually be a good couple.

"they're using seyeon's song."

oh.

it's now when she realizes that it wasn't a silly flu or a petty fight, but he's genuinely hurt (and suho too i guess).

seojun pulls up the article on a new group that's debuting. she listens to the song and the look on the their faces tell her that it's a direct copy except with different people singing. since seyeon had passed, the company selfishly kept the rights to the song instead of respecting him and his loved ones, thus the accident.

"i'm sorry guys."

seojun is the first to speak up, and he does so after gingerly turning away from suho and giving him a cold glare. "don't be sorry, it's suho's fault, not yours." this is when sumic realizes seojun is still as egocentric as he was since middle school (aka forever).

suho throws something at him from his bed, "how was it my fault."

"it was your dad that released it."

sumin leans down to whisper to him. "just because his dad is the worst doesn't mean he is."

seojun ignores her and throws it back it him, "you didn't even answer his calls when he needed you!"

"i had family stuff to deal with." suho turns away from the two and seojun scoffs like he had just committed the world's gravest sin.

"yeah, whatever."

the three of them sit in silence until their dinner comes in.