006

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
KANG RESIDENCE
AFTER SCHOOL
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ sujin was too quiet, "what's wrong?"

"nothing much," she replied half heartedly.

"you're thinking about the suho thing aren't you." sujin paused after sumin hit the nail straight on the head. she thought she was making good progress with him, but some new girl just came in and all of a sudden she's the center of the universe.

sujin didn't answer, "cheer up, he probably only did that because the teacher was nearby. you know that better than anyone."

sumin wasn't lying. the two had known each other for years and she was the only one to get even remotely close to him. she was a total goddess and extremely smart, a total catch.  "you're right, i shouldn't worry so much."

sumin patted her on the back and went back to annotating their assigned novel for class. she just couldn't shake the familiar feeling of uneasiness from her stomach. maybe it was coming from jugyeong and seojun's helmet situation, maybe it was coming from jugyeong and suho's jacket situation.

just what made her so special? sure she was pretty, it was obvious that she was nice, but there was not a singular outstanding quality.

sumin stopped herself before she could finish, she'd never been bitter like this before.

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SAEBOM HIGH
MIDDAY
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ the class sat before their history teacher while he droned on about the difference between the eras. sooah asleep on her elbow while jugyeong was close to breaking down from nervousness behind her.

her knee bounced so fast that it shook the floor and the nearby desks vibrated. so much so, that sooah's elbow fell off the desk which resulted in her hitting her head harshly against the desk.

"is there an earthquake or something?" she mumbled to herself.

jugyeong's phone vibrated and she discreetly checked it under her desk. she quickly stood up, distrusting the class and the teacher. jugyeong held her stomach, "can i go to the bathroom?"

"go for it," before the teacher could even finish, jugyeong was out of the room and her sprinting footsteps could still be heard.

"if she lived in the joseon era, she wouldn't be considered a lady! it doesn't matter anymore though, wait for me! i have to go too," the teacher joked as he walked out.

the bell eventually rang for their break time and sumin stretched her arms behind her head until she heard a satisfying crack. seojun stood by her desk and waited for her to get up so they could walk around.

as she stood up, jugyeong came running into the classroom with a red ginseng drink and slammed in on suho's desk.

"you must be exhausted from all your hard work, this is your favorite!" jugyeong exclaimed before turning and walking back to her desk.

sumin pushed seojun out of the class, "what's up with her?"

"i couldn't care less, i'm just irritated because she hasn't given me my helmet back."