014

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SAEBOM HIGH
NOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ sumin stood next to suho as they threw the ball back and forth to their partner. "jugyeong told me that he parked his bike outside her house."

"i know, i got it towed."

"good, he deserves it for being such a pretentious ass." sumin threw the ball to the boy standing across from her and he caught it with a grunt after it directly hit his gut.

"what happened to the whole 'he's perfect' narrative?" suho asked.

"it's being incinerated at the trash dump downtown."

"you switch up quick."

"hypocrite," sumin mumbled as she caught the ball.

he turned to her, "what'd you say?"

before she could say it louder, taehoon called out his name. "divine suho is back on our basketball team!"

"suho is playing? when did he decide that?" hyunkyu furrowed his eyebrows at the unfair taunt. he turned to look around the class, "seojun, you're good at basketball, aren't you?"

"does it look i am?" seojun flicked a piece of hair in his face and smirked to the side. "i'm the best."

sumin knew that in fact, he was not the best. but she wasn't going to ruin the moment.

"then why don't you team up with us and have a match against varsity during the school festival!"

seojun turned to sumin, who was still in a conversation with suho. something about her talking to other guys made his stomach lurch, and it increased tenfold when it was suho.

"you'd have to ask sumin first." someone threw a ball that hit her back and she turned around to face them. "do you want to see me play?"

he wasn't expecting a badly hidden glare from her, "i couldn't care less. i've seen you play before, so what's the difference?"

"but should i?" seojun asked again. but all he received was her back to him and a wave of dismissal while she talked to suho. "count me in."

"only listening to jugyeong, my ass." sumin ranted to suho who just stood and listened. he didn't necessarily like talkative people that stuck to his side, but he enjoyed listening to sumin when she complained about seojun.

sumin followed everyone out of the class while lugging along the basket filled with balls. everyone had left, including seojun, and it was his turn to clean up today.

once she got to the staircase, he stood on the side on his phone. "it was towed?"

she took the chance to grab a ball and chuck it at his head. "it was your turn to clean up today." seojun watched as she walked past him like he was nothing to her but trash. he turned to the basket and kicked it across the hall into oncoming students.

━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━

seojun stood outside of suho's apartment for his keys. a few minutes later, suho stepped up the final steps to his building and stopped when he saw a waiting seojun.

"give me back my keys." suho tossed the keychain without a fight.

"i like jugyeong. i know you still think seyeon died because of me, but don't use her to get back at me."