018

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SAEBOM HIGH
MORNING
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ monday came sooner than that she'd wanted. despite her attempts to play sick, sumin still made her way to the gates. she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and swallowed the yawn that'd been creeping from her lungs since the bus ride.

she gripped the straps of her book bag and slowly walked towards seojun, who waited at the garden for her arrival.

"tarzan in his cheap underwear," he looked up at sumin who had a sly smile on her face, one he'd grown to openly despise since it only appeared when she teased him. but if it kept her around, he knew he'd endure it for years and years.

she jumped up at him, now only inches from his face. seojun sucked in a breath as she imitated a lion's roar. she'd left just as quickly as she had appeared, leaving seojun in the dust.

he turned towards her retreating figure and caught her peeking at him over her shoulder, quickly turning around after she realized he'd caught her looking.

the school day went by quickly due to her frequent zoning out. once the bell rang to begin class, another rang to end it.

seojun went to the hospital for another wellness check with his mother, so sumin walked along the alleys of the city to cure her everlasting boredom. after walking past a relatively dark one, she backtracked after hearing a scream.

"what are you doing?" sumin stood a few feet away from the boys surrounding jugyeong. one hand held her bag full of hardcover textbooks and the other with her metal water bottle.

"none of your business," sungyong snared at her.

"i didn't know you started kidnapping too. i thought your anger issues drew a line at violence." she couldn't lie, one girl versus half a dozen boys who stood at her height or taller was a little intimidating, not that she'd tell them that.

"grab her."

two guys came towards her and she hit one with her water bottle and he fell to the ground. sumin looked at the bottle and saw a noticeable dent in the bottom corner, inwardly whining since she'd just gotten it this past week.

they already had jugyeong around the corner, who was pushed and pulled around by a singular guy. while the rest of them stood around sumin.

"isn't this a little unfair?" she furrowed her eyebrows and followed wherever jugyeong went, shoving off any wandering hands on her arms.

sumin crossed one leg above the other as she found herself in yet another karaoke room. jugyeong sat directly next to her, although she noticed her to be placing as much distance between them.

sungyong dug around for sumin's phone and forced her to unlock it.

"han seojun, i have your girlfriends. i miss you!"

she grimaced at the words and the cutesy act that fooled no one. "neither of us is dating him."

sungyong was pulled away to sing a song and jugyeong grabbed her phone to dial sooah. while jugyeong made herself useful, sumin dug around the drinks to find one safe to drink.

she took a quick sip of one and set it back down after she spit the straight alcohol back into the cup. her chewing gum was lost in the process, but she couldn't care less and just sat back into the booth until her prince charming came to save her.

after half an hour of horrible covers of girl group songs, sumin stood up to stretch. a few of the boys went to the restroom, while the others continued to sing.