005

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SAEBOM HIGH
LUNCH
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ sooah had her arms linked between sujin and jugyeong's while sumin walked behind them still thinking about the helmet situation.

"why isn't your boyfriend eating again?" jugyeong asked sooah.

it seemed like she was just waiting for someone to ask, and sooah let out a dramatic sigh. "he said he needs to do homework, and he'll just get something from the vending machine."

"then should we just grab him something when we go to the cafeteria?" jugyeong questioned.

"i couldn't care less if he starves." sooah says, pitifully.

"did you guys fight again?"

"he's been ignoring all my texts since yesterday. he said that he fell asleep early." she looked at the girls beside her, "i don't think he knows it's our 100th day anniversary today. this is so annoying!"

jugyeong tried to console her, "he wouldn't have forgotten something like this."

"if he did, i'm going to break up with him. he's the only one i've dated for this long."

the four girls walked into the room and stopped at the doorway. sooah walked in first down the aisle of flower petals. the room was filled to the brim with decorations, and on the blackboard, a banner that said "happy 100th!"

sumin and sujin stood to the side with matching faces of disgust while taehoon, sooah's boyfriend, flipped through a book filled with loving words to her.

all of a sudden, the boys broke out into a cheesy dance while sooah squealed out of utter happiness.

"sooah, i think i might end up in the fiery pit," taehoon paused for dramatic effect, "because i stole you from the skies."

another pause, "and i fell in love with you. i love you, my angel!"

sooah jumped into his arms for a hug. the class chanted "kiss! kiss! kiss!" the two leaned in for a kiss and one of their classmates, hyunkyu, yelled out.

"you two are so corny, i can't take it anymore!" he lifted the cake to throw it at the couple until they pushed away and jugyeong was left standing there. sumin attempted to push her out of the way, but ended up receiving half of the icing on her face while jugyeong's received the other half.

the class gasped at the two icing covered girls and moved towards them.

"give me a tissue!" sooah leaned up to jugyeong to wipe her face off while sumin gravitated towards the back of the class to clean up since it was so crowded in the front. she felt too sticky for her liking and attempted to lick some of the frosting around her lips.

"STOP!"

sumin looked up mid lick and only caught the breeze of jugyeong running out of the class. her classmates ran out after her and left sumin in an empty class. she ended up walking after them so she could properly wash the sugary substances off of her face. the people in the hallway were split already, so sumin just continued to walk.

seojun sat on the floor trying to figure out what had just happened. chorong pulled him off the ground and helped him wipe off the dirt from his back. he saw sumin about to walk past him and he grabbed her arm.

sumin followed the hand up to the person connected to it and furrowed her eyebrows, "what?"

he let go of her arm and she just stood there with a face partially covered in icing. "what happened?"

"got a cake chucked at me." seojun grabbed her arm again and pulled her away from his group of friends and out of the building.

they now stood in front of the outside sink near the soccer field. seojun's handkerchief was soaked with water as he wiped off the icing from her face.

sumin was the first to talk, "what's your deal? you were completely ignoring me just a few hours ago." his demeanor slightly faulted. seojun knew he'd have to eventually apologize, but he really walked right into this one.

"oh, about that." seojun tried to cover his faulting by clearing his throat.

"if you're mad, you could just tell me."

"you never texted me."

"i had my phone taken for a month."

"i didn't know that at the time."

"you could've asked my sister if you were so curious." she pushed. "it's not like you to ignore me over something like this, what happened? sujin told me you took some time off too."

"i had some stuff to take care of, don't worry about it." seojun continued to wash her face with the wet handkerchief while she leaned against the sink. sumin wasn't going to push if he didn't want to talk about it, she respected his boundaries even though she desperately wanted to know.

once he was finished, sumin waited for a few seconds to see if he said anything. he didn't, so she turned to walk away. she'd only apologize after he did because she thought he was more in the wrong than her.

"sorry. for ignoring you." sumin paused, that was quick. she could never hold a grudge against him when he apologizes since those words were so rare coming from him.

"apology accepted," she continued to walk back to class, a lot happier than earlier.

"hey!" sumin turned back around to see seojun walking up to her. "what happened to your cheek?"

her hand touched the scratch from the other day and shrugged. "scratched it too hard, i guess."

"you're lying, i'm not stupid." seojun pulled at her cheek until she slapped his hand off.

"i'll tell you once you tell me what's up with you." she made sure he wasn't going to respond before hurrying into the building. everyone was whispering amongst themselves and sumin walked over to a random pair of girls.

"what happened?" frankly, they looked terrified but managed to find the courage to speak.

"suho just helped the new girl," the one on the right said.

the one of the left said a little bit louder, "the girl had a bunch of icing on her face and got crowded by people that wanted to help." sumin nodded for them to continue. "and suho walked through the crowd like prince charming and put his jacket over her head and walked away with her."

"suho did?" the two nodded quickly. "lee suho? not a different one?" they nodded again. "oh, thanks." sumin walked away up to her class. sujin wasn't going to be so over the moon like everyone else was.

the two girls watched sumin walk away and turned to each other, "she doesn't seem half as bad as they said."